Spare bonnet? Get yourself a bargain

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Spare bonnet? Get yourself a bargain

Postby CJ » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:34 pm

From Buy and Sell:

Mitsubishi FTO 2L '95. Mivec engine, 5 speed manual, usual options, needs bonnet, Price: €3,500 Contact: 087-2314492

That price does sound dodgy for a manual GPX, might make a good project car, anyone wanna go halves? ;)

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:49 pm

OK, I gave this guy a quick call, the ad won't be in the printed edition until tomorrow (Weds). He's based in Irishtown by the way. Although he didn't seem to keen to talk to me, he said theres no other damage to the front end, apparently the bonnet came up onto the windscreen when he hit a speed ramp?! Theres 44k miles on the clock. In my haste I forgot to ask what colour it is but if someone is willing to pick up a bonnet (Rory comes to mind), they might be in for a bargain. I'm very tempted to take a look at it myself, must resist! My thinking is, even if you have to throw a grand at the car to put it right, you're still doing very well.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:32 am

CJ wrote:OK, I gave this guy a quick call, the ad won't be in the printed edition until tomorrow (Weds). He's based in Irishtown by the way. Although he didn't seem to keen to talk to me, he said theres no other damage to the front end, apparently the bonnet came up onto the windscreen when he hit a speed ramp?! Theres 44k miles on the clock. In my haste I forgot to ask what colour it is but if someone is willing to pick up a bonnet (Rory comes to mind), they might be in for a bargain. I'm very tempted to take a look at it myself, must resist! My thinking is, even if you have to throw a grand at the car to put it right, you're still doing very well.
Ciaran

Aye, I'd say it's definitely worth look but at that price it seems a bit "too good to be true" - surely if the only problem was a missing bonnet you'd think the seller would source one and sell the car for €6K+ :?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Eamon » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:45 pm

If you hit a speed bump hard enough to jarr the bonnet open, surely there must be other stuff buckled/bent.
Eamon
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby soc » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:02 pm

Eamon wrote:If you hit a speed bump hard enough to jarr the bonnet open, surely there must be other stuff buckled/bent.

exacly what I was thinking.... how fast would you have to go over a speed bump to pop the bonnet open ???? sounds pretty dodgy to me
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:14 pm

Eamon wrote:If you hit a speed bump hard enough to jarr the bonnet open, surely there must be other stuff buckled/bent.

Actuallly, he may have said traffic cone, either way I would tend to agree, something sounds fishy...

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to For Sale