Hiks FTO

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Hiks FTO

Postby Hiks » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:24 am

I grabbed a bone stock 95 pre facelift last year and set about doing a few jobs - Mainly rust treatment and underseal.

the plan is to get a solid base before taking on bodywork modifications and maybe a new spray job.

Grabbed some Ricerocket seats

Also although I'm getting some new 17" wheels I wanted to have a go at a home refurb on the 16's that came with the car, maybe they could make a decent set of winter tyres after I get a proper sized tyre wrapped around them. That arch gap has gotta go :D

What I started with...

After a lot of sanding and a little painting...

Hiks
1st gear
1st gear

Re: Hiks FTO

Postby Hiks » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:27 am

Fitted some new speakers and tweeters...

I also tinted the rear clusters although I'm not sure if I'm happy with it yet.

Started on the underseal, managed to get the wheel wells done and will do the underneath at my dads garage as it will be easier with the ramp...

Hiks
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Hiks » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:29 am

I've been messing around with leather as there is some bits I wanted that you couldn't buy (rear arm rests) so I decided to teach myself how to sew, thought it would be easy I mean women don't seem to struggle with it but my god its not. Multiple occasions I was pulling a hissy fit and throwing/slamming things but got the knack in the end I think.

Pretty pleased with it and all the more happy its all my own work and I didn't buy anything for a change.

Leather door insert, leather handle grip, gloss black vinyl and freshly painted handle cups...

Also De-peeled the headlights today as it was pretty nice..

Hiks
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Hiks » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:32 am

Got some more done in the interior today, nearly finished just a few more shiny items I want to add that I haven't come across yet.

I have some new side skirts to go on so can finally get rid of that scabby drivers side.

I wanted a little homage to Gran Turismo, its where it all started for me as a kid never thinking I'd actually own one.

So chose the rear parcel shelf, black on black so its not too tacky or cheesey but still not sure on it. I'll leave it for a bit and see if it grows on me or something.

Hiks
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Hiks » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:35 am

Finally got her to the old mans now for undersealing and some welding to be done, roll on tomorrow :D

Hiks
1st gear
1st gear

Postby goz_83 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:25 am

Nice write up. Good job on the alloy. And the sewing part....you couldn't have been more of a girl :mrgreen:
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Hiks » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:33 am

Haha I know, I got plenty of stick from my brothers when they called and seen me with the sewing machine all set up.
Hiks
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Hiks » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:14 am

Got a few more jobs done on Friday Bank Holiday.

Washed and clayed - didn't have time to polish & wax.

Under chassis all rubbed down and prepped with 'POR15 Prep & ready' and coated with POR15, looks a million times better and it should last another 17 years and protect the welding its had done (photo's coming it was late when I finished).

Still on the hunt for some new wheels but not really seeing much, really want to get them sorted though.

Heres a pic of the day I spent with her...

Hiks
1st gear
1st gear

Return to General FTO Discussion