A1 GP

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

A1 GP

Postby optical illusion » Mon May 04, 2009 10:56 pm

Derek surprised me last weekend and we ended up at BrandsHatch...

What an unforgettable day!! 2 of the lads we know were racing in the lotus trophy, one came third and the other got put out avoiding a crash on the second lap, poor Pat :( Sickener for him, at least the car wasn't too badly damaged.

There were an awful lot of crashes, despite it being a scorcher, think the pressure was on and some people were being stupid. In the lotus race a europa (one of my new favourite cars) was destroyed, in the A1 final India and China were put out, and a lambo and viper were destoyed in the GT Cup, so badly infact that the race only took 5 mins instead of 25...

Got burned alive on my face, look a state but it was so worth it!!

I saw a gorgeous GT3 RS just parked up, I nearly wet myself, like, 3 times... Some seriously sexual cars there...

Well done to Ireland on becoming world champions, was proud to be cheering for them from Paddock Hill, saw an elated (and very drunk) Adam Carroll et all in the airport afterwards...

Piccies up here: http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbum.jsp?MemberId=347742498&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=10754895709
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: A1 GP

Postby gary d » Wed May 06, 2009 10:15 pm

Some crackin photos there Laura, see you got the weather for it. Wish my missus would go to Brands for the weekend :D
99 Subaru Impreza Turbo, 95 Mitsubishi FTO gpx, 2000 Nissan Micra.
gary d
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby TopCat » Thu May 07, 2009 9:09 am

Very nice surprise for you. Doubt you could have been there at a better weekend.

And what a result for the Irish Team, fair play to them. Can't understand why it hasn't got more publicity here, it should be a huge pick-me-up for the country!
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby optical illusion » Thu May 07, 2009 2:20 pm

Absolutely sickened by the media here, this is HUGE, and they just gave it a 2 second glance over on RTE. They should be ashamed of themselves, patriotic me hole.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby optical illusion » Thu May 07, 2009 2:23 pm

gary d wrote:Some crackin photos there Laura, see you got the weather for it. Wish my missus would go to Brands for the weekend :D

Thanks.

You met the wrong girl haha! :)
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Other Cars