IAM course

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

IAM course

Postby tymeless » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:11 am

hey all just been reading your qoutes. wow. some are pretty high. just an idea. anyone heard of IAM. institute of advanced motorists. english company based in Kilkenny. they run the ignition courses for hibernian. they run 2 courses. a 1 day and a 2 day intensive. it costs roughly around €80 for 1 day and not sure but less than €200 for 2 day course. if u pass the 1 day course u get a 15% discount for life on car insurance recognised in 15 EU countries and the US. pass the 2 day you get 30% discount for life. finally some irish insurance companies beginning to recognise this discount and will enforce it on next renewal.
anyway just thought i'd let ye know if anyone is interested.
tymeless
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby kevinod » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:19 pm

That sounds good, if you've got any contact details post them up, anything for a few quid off would be great.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Muad_dib77 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:55 pm

Hmm.... I thought the discount only applied if you had a car less than 1.6l and I think I heard something with being younger than 28yrs..

I had to do the ignition course to get insured in Ireland - and it's a piece of cake.. you pretty much just go for a drive, sit through a few debates watch a video...and you get your rating...
Was a nice way to spend a day actually - I rather enjoyed it.
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby kevinod » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:03 pm

The <1.6 is for the ignition course, but this is something other than the ignition course if I picked it up right, an advanced driving thing?
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Mille » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:18 pm

i know that hibernian and any company underwritten by hibernian recognises this course- it gives you 30% off the renewal premium on top of your NCB no matter what the cc of the car.

Well worth doing
Mille
Octane king
Octane king

Postby tymeless » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:23 am

hey guys,
ya kevinod is bang on. its totally differenr to ignition. i done ignition myself. this course is run by the company who supply the instructors for the ignition course. IAM. my dad is an instructor with them. i got quoted €700 fully comp on any fto i want. full ncb ignition done 3 years ago. if i do this course now i can have insurance for €400. happy happy days.
tymeless
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby tymeless » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:27 am

mille thats if you do the 2 day course. that 30% stands for LIFE. yes thats right people LIFE. sweet. or 15% for 1 day course. 15 EU countries now recognise it and the US and the list is growing daily. you get a membership pack, window sticker and a few cool discounts from petrol stations to auto parts. handy or what...
tymeless
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby stevec » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:34 am

Sounds like a great idea for a meet - wonder how they'd react to a herd of FTO's arriving!

Seriously, this sounds fantastic - if anyone's done the course, please post on how difficult it was / what was requires to pass.
stevec
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby tymeless » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:45 am

here ye go guys. happy reading.....
http://www.irishadvancedmotorists.ie/index.php
tymeless
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Return to Motor Insurance