Hi, Hope to get an FTO soon

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Hi, Hope to get an FTO soon

Postby Chris_Heilong » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:18 am

HI, I am Chris, from Raheny in Dublin. I am planing to buy an FTO GPX soon and have found this website extreamly helpful in forming my decision, I was looking for a Japanese coupe and got my short list down to a Toyota Celica and an FTO. But the FTO just seems to be a better machine. I have always driven Honda and did plan to stick to that until I found out about the FTO. I know insurance can be a hassle and have my Jap 1.5 Civic under XS at the moment for €600 with an excess of €3000. Hope they will let me transfer the policy over without too many issues. So I look forward to putting up a picture in around 2 months time of my GPX. :wink:
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Re: Hi, Hope to get an FTO soon

Postby goz_83 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:46 am

Hi Chris. I work in Raheny, live in Donaghmede. You can check out my gpx at some stage if you like. pm me if you like and i can let you know where i'm usually at, if you haven't seen it around. Great choice. The FTO is a special car and a gpx is a big bonus.....especially if it is a manual, but a tip tronic gr would make you smile, as they have plenty of roar too. Transferring insurance shouldn't be a problem....it's the renewal I would think about. What are your stats?
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:58 am

Thanks, I would be interested in just having a look, I have been following all the work you put into your GPX with interest, I am 32 with full licence and 2 year NCB.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:26 am

Age is on your side. 2 years NCB may not be enough to get you a reasonable quote, but it's better than nothing. Your current insurer will have to transfer your policy. Otherwise it's difficult to even get a quote. If you plan to ask Axa, you should call into their branch in Raheny because the phone quotes are excessive at the best of times.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Introduce yourself