I fcekin hate Quinn direct

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Postby seanmangan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:03 pm

hi i was going to buy a FTO gpx mivec, but quinn direct said they wouldn't unsure me until i was 25, this is wrong though because by law they have to quote me, i'm 23 now and have a full licence 2 years, i lost my NCB, because i bumped off some guy doing two mile an hour while i was reversing out of a parking spot he's claiming personal injury and the claim is on going so i cant change companys, my insurance went up from 2000 euro on a mitsubishi lancer 1.5 mx touring to 3500 this year, also my girlfriend rang them agian today and they said that they dont cover that car but alot of people are insured with them, WTF is going on. and does anyone know if you can leave an insurance company and get insured with another one while a claim is pending.

jesus christ i feck hate quinn direct
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby kevinod » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:15 pm

seanmangan wrote:does anyone know if you can leave an insurance company and get insured with another one while a claim is pending.

I think a split topic might be called for here, but most insurance companies say they won't take any new policies from drivers who have had a claim in the last 2 years, or have a claim pending.

I know the feeling of wanting to change 'cos you're getting I won't say what after a claim, but you don't have a choice, you have to just wait it out unfortunately. :x

I really hate how years of accident free driving can mean nothing in the blinking of an eye... :evil:
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:23 pm

Sean - regardless of whether they'd insure you or not - if you are paying 3.5K on a 1.5 lancer - what kind of quote do you think you're gonna get for the FTO?

If you really want an FTO you are likely going to have to go down a different avenue with this one - e.g. insure under girlfriends name as a named driver etc.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby seanmangan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:23 pm

do you know if quinn direct still cover FTO's if i'm stuck with them so be it, but i still want my fto. also i they up my insurance, and i lost my no claims is that legal
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby seanmangan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:27 pm

it was 2000 until that guy decide'd he had whiplash, i didn't think there would be much of a difference, my friend is 19 and has a provisonal licence he has a manual 98 gpx mivec, he rang QD and they said he wouldn't insure him, he told them he was canceling his policy and came back with a quote of 1900, i'd still like to get a quote, at least then i'd know i couldn't get one btw i had three NCB before i lost it, insurance companys are the spawn of the devil
Last edited by seanmangan on Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby kevinod » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:33 pm

seanmangan wrote:it was two until that guy decide'd he had whiplash, i didn't think there would be much of a difference, my friend is 19 and has a provisonal licence he has a manual 98 gpx mivec, he rang QD and they said he wouldn't insure him, he told them he was canceling his policy and came back with a quote of 1900

:shock: :shock: :shock: 1900, 19yo with provisional license?? are there special provisions in it or a huge excess or something?
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby seanmangan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:36 pm

no it only TPFT though, they gave him a quote before he bought the car, when he rang them back they said they weren't going to insure him, then when he said he was canceling his policy, they quoted him 1900 i dont know where they get their quotes from. i think it just luck of the draw[/quote]
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:37 pm

seanmangan wrote:........... my friend is 19 and has a provisonal licence he has a manual 98 gpx mivec, he rang QD and they said he wouldn't insure him, he told them he was canceling his policy and came back with a quote of 1900.........................

I would be astonished if a 19year old male (I presume) on a provisonal license got a quote of €1900 for a 98 GPX Manual - are you sure he's not just driving on someone else's policy. I'm sure there are several owners on here that are older with full licenses and NCB that are struggling to get a quote like that.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby seanmangan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:38 pm

that was about six months ago, does anyone know if they still insure them
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby seanmangan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:40 pm

yeah i know thats why i thought it wouldn't be that bad, he had a 1 years NCB driving a 1.6 mivec lancer though. and
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:45 pm

BTW - Take a look at the previous posts on Quinn direct and you'll see where we are coming from - e.g. - http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/phpBB2 ... php?t=2000
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Colin C » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:47 pm

I went through the hassle of insuring my FTO about a month ago. I questioned QD about them not covering FTO's, asking are they not legaly obliged to give a quote now. They told me that they were only obliged to give a quote if my policy was already with them and I was just changing my car. My policy was with Allianz through a broker and although Allianz origionally wouldn't quote me on an FTO they came back with 1150 Euro after I told them this.
Going on this QD should quote you but I'm not sure if your claim may activate some terms which are in the small print which can restrict what cars they'll insure you on.
Steel Silver GPX Manual.
Colin C
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby seanmangan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:48 pm

yeah thanks this is the one i was going to buy http://cars.rte.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?f ... rid=353900
i wanted one of these cars for years
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby seanmangan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:54 pm

i think there was only a couple of hundred euro damage done to the guys car
so the claim would of been setteled a long time ago only he's claiming personal injury mybe when it gets setteled, i might be able to buy one but QD seem to be draging there feet with it and it could take a few years
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby seanmangan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:33 pm

i just checked quinn-direct.com its no longer .ie and it has the mitsubishi fto DE3A 1999cc so they do insure it, i also got a quote for the car that i'm driving now with my details, no NCB, but left out the part about the accident i had, because it would not calculate a quote and it came to 1634 euro, and there charging me 3360, i dont think thats right, i think there only allowed to remove your NCB, but not higher your premium, because the case is not setteled does anyone know if this is correct.
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Muad_dib77 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:18 pm

Just a quick note on that...

.. When I was hunting for insurance on my GPX i found that some places Hibernian amongst others would quote me on their websites.. but when I went to actually set up the policy they'd ask me to call..and then say "sorry your car is a sports car, and we don't insure it"...

eventually I did get a quote of Hibernian... 5k!
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby Viper » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:49 am

Wrong!!!

I quote is a contract that insurers have to honour. They cannot change their mind on it once you provide the correct details.

eg : Quinn Direct quoted me 800 on their website for insurance then went back on it when I phoned them up on it. Mentioned the Ombudsman and straight away they were happy with insuring me again.
Viper
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Muad_dib77 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:00 am

Viper wrote:Wrong!!!

I quote is a contract that insurers have to honour. They cannot change their mind on it once you provide the correct details.

Most of these online quote thingies have disclaimers and stuff to make them non-legally binding...
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Muad_dib77

Postby seanmangan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:24 am

well i'm going to ring them today and ask them why theres such a difference between the quotes, they'll probably give me some speil,about this and that, but i'v had enough with them, if they dont change my premium i'm canceling my policy, BTW i checked a 1.8GSR 1900 and 2.0 EVO 2000

i dont know how they can get away with this crap.
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby seanmangan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:33 am

I was think how many people are members of this site, if everyone got together and decided to go with one insurer, that would give us alot of power over an insurance company, because were giving them so much business, and if they tried to screw anyone over we could all treathen them with leaving them. just a thought as well if new people became members then they could get the same benifits, power to the people
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Dave » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:43 am

seanmangan wrote:I was think how many people are members of this site, if everyone got together and decided to go with one insurer, that would give us alot of power over an insurance company, because were giving them so much business, and if they tried to screw anyone over we could all treathen them with leaving them. just a thought as well if new people became members then they could get the same benifits, power to the people

tried before and never got interest in it....

as for a friend of yours getting a quote for 1900 with a provisional license on a 98GPX, i can guarantee he was pulling your leg, i work in the industry and pulling favours i only managed to beat that quote this year and that's with 3yrs NCB and a full license.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby seanmangan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:47 am

yeah could of been named driver, but i can remember him saying he had his own policy, car cost him 10k great looking car
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby seanmangan » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:21 pm

Cancled my insurance with quinn direct, i'm gonna get insured with someone else, got a quote with briton for 1800 on my 1.5 DOHC lancer, told them it was the first time i was insured, might chance asking them about the fto i'm willing to pay 4,500 insurance, if i do get insured does anyone know if my insurance will drop by much next year on the FTO eg 2000 or something i'm willing to pay more now if it will go down next year.
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby seanmangan » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:38 pm

just got a quote with britton on a FTO 2232 TP with excess 4000, sweet guess i'll be buying my FTO :P
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Muad_dib77 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:41 pm

Uhh ouch.,. for once I'm happy that I'm closing in on 30....
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Muad_dib77

Next

Return to Motor Insurance