Car Insurance

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Car Insurance

Postby mike » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:58 pm

On a red hot tip from daz ( cheers mate ) I got my FTO GR manual insured via Quinn direct on the internet, this was 2 weeks ago. Just got back from England to recieve a phone call from them saying "WE DON'T INSURE FTO's. Tough poo I said to witch they replied, ok we will stand by our offer ( Which was E1000.00 less than any other quote ) I got the impression they were hoping I would cave in and let them cancel the policy. Waiting to see what they try next ( To$$ers ) :twisted:
mike
1st gear
1st gear

Postby daniel » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:41 pm

just checked there website there and i dont see the FTO listed anymore, they must have wised up the internet option for insurance :?:

My manual gpx is also insure with them, hope they reinsure once this years insurance is up. :?
daniel
daniel
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Viper » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:52 pm

I got my insurance in the same way... quote on-line and then phoned up to confirm it. They tried to convince me to forget about it, but I refused stating that the quote given was the reason I purchased the car in the first place and that they were obliged by law to honour it. Eventually they caved in...
Viper
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dean » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:12 pm

St pauls lads.
You will need to go through a broker, but give them a try.
Dean
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby pergau » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:13 pm

I looked for a quote from them for my FTO and mailed to ask if they would do it. Still waiting for a reply.

They were well off the mark with a quote for my wife's car (mazda) too.
pergau
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:42 pm

give our office a bell on 01-4557955, ask for linda and she should be able to get you a quote, just tell her i gave you her number....
StPaul's don't deal with the public directly as far as i know.

(nice plug for our office there :lol: )
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:52 pm

Dave - did you ever get anywhere on the possibility of organising some sort of group discount - is this a runner ?
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:50 am

daniel wrote:just checked there website there and i dont see the FTO listed anymore, they must have wised up the internet option for insurance :?:

My manual gpx is also insure with them, hope they reinsure once this years insurance is up. :?

AFAIK they are obliged to keep quoting / reinsuring anyone who has an existing & current FTO policy - this includes if you change cars to a newer FTO.

They had adpoted this poicy when I changed from GS to GR but said that they would keep quoting anyone who already had an existing current policy on an FTO!

Dean, did St. Pauls do a good quote for your GR?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:57 am

i didn;t get anywhere on the group discount because we couldn't get the numbers up to try and even approach them, i think we had around seven or eight and we'd need 20 at least before they would even consider giving a discount.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby daniel » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:58 am

:) Sounds good Shane, hopefully when the policy is up, they will not have a problem reinsuring and at a good rate! :lol:
daniel
daniel
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Ivan E » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:59 pm

Just checked that too on their website and the FTO is no longer listed. Bastards. And to make it ebven more stupid, I get a nice quote for a GPO 3.0 l.....
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dean » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:05 pm

shane wrote:
daniel wrote:just checked there website there and i dont see the FTO listed anymore, they must have wised up the internet option for insurance :?:

Dean, did St. Pauls do a good quote for your GR?

Not too bad, a little higher than I had hoped, but way way way way way way way lower than AXA.
Dean

Return to Motor Insurance