Alarm Not Working

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Alarm Not Working

Postby goz_83 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:42 pm

It's generally not something I test when buying a car. But I was sitting in the car waiting for someone the other day when I pressed the alarm fob. The alarm did not sound though. I ran my fingers across the little sensor and it made the hazard lights click once every time i did this, but nothing else. I then opened the door manually and nothing. I de-activated the alarm, opened and closed all doors and turned the alarm on again. I opened the door with the key and the the alarm did not sound. It just flashes the hazards a couple of times. Basically I just have remote central locking with a flashing red LED in the windscreen, as the alarm is not working. Any ideas here?
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Alarm Not Working

Postby holio » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Wouldnt be in silent mode? Check the alarm box in engine bay, there could b a little key hole usually like a bicycle u-lock key hole.
Alot of people buy cheap alarms which are more trouble than anything else, or else thy buy decent alarms and fit them themselves and make a hames of it. If its a cheap alarm then that could be your problem.
The ONLY 95GR in shocking red with these specific faults.
holio
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to FTO Technical