manual or tip??

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Postby St3vo » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:16 pm

lol. Dont know..... problem with buying from dealers.
They know nothing about the car. Theres a sticker...(i know) saying it was tuned by a jap company.

Anyone know were i can get a body kit for it?
St3vo

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:27 pm

St3vo wrote:lol. Dont know..... problem with buying from dealers.
They know nothing about the car. Theres a sticker...(i know) saying it was tuned by a jap company.

Hehehe - OK - what does the sticker say?
You didn't happen to notice any bits like an induction kit / aftermarket exhaust / piggyback ECU or anything like that on the car?

Why do you want a bodykit? - you have veilside side skirts and a veilside rear spoiler - I wouldn't personally add the veilside front - its a bit old school! - how about a Bozz speed front spoiler?

http://www.funkyproduct.co.uk/item.php? ... eNumber=97

And maybe the rear veilside bumper?
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:31 pm

St3vo wrote:lol. Dont know..... problem with buying from dealers.

Had a sticker on mine when I got it saying it was tuned by Razo, but all it meant was that it had Razo pedals and a Razo gear knob, gear knob gone when I got it but has a razo sticker showing the gears, where reverse is at.

The Fto seems to be very highly tuned from the factory, from what I've read its hard to get much more bhp out of it without spending a good few €€.

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby St3vo » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:31 pm

Yeah it has a HKS Mushroom green stuff induction. Huge back pipe... welded. Havent noticed an ECU upgrade as of yet. Saturday and sunday i will giving a good going over so im sure ill notice.
I wanna change the skirts to shogun skirts and i dunno what else.

The thing is im not sure if i wann put money into this as i really want a manual... although the tip is really REALLY fun. I think im gonna try and swap it for the manual
St3vo

Postby kevinod » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:33 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:Hehehe - OK - what does the sticker say?
You didn't happen to notice any bits like an induction kit / aftermarket exhaust / piggyback ECU or anything like that on the car?

Again!! :lol: Just too dam quick for me!
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:35 pm

St3vo wrote:Yeah it has a HKS Mushroom green stuff induction. Huge back pipe... welded. Havent noticed an ECU upgrade as of yet. Saturday and sunday i will giving a good going over so im sure ill notice.
I wanna change the skirts to shogun skirts and i dunno what else.

The thing is im not sure if i wann put money into this as i really want a manual... although the tip is really REALLY fun. I think im gonna try and swap it for the manual

You have the car 5 mins and you're already talking about a manual?
You might remember me saying to drive a variety of different cars before making a decision!

What are "shogun" skirts?
Is the exhaust on the car just a backbox or a full stainless system?
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby St3vo » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:38 pm

I know I know....dont get me wrong the car is sweet and if a swap doesnt come up i'll still be over the moon with it.

Its a back box.
St3vo

Postby CJ » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:03 pm

St3vo wrote:Its a back box.

All a back box is gonna do is make more noise, whats needed is a larger bore system from the cat back to get any improvement over the stock setup, any power increase will only be noticable at high speed/revs, however.

Stevo, drive the tip for a few months and see how you feel about it, you're only after buying the thing ;) Something tells me you should have held out!

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Neil » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:13 pm

It'd be pretty mad to swap already but having said that, there is a red 95 manual in the B+S now for 6950, and you could swap the spoiler and skirts too which is a bonus.

I test drove a silver 95 tip gr in THmotors in harolds cross there last weekend, first time I've ever driven anything that wasnt a manual.. seemed grand, fun even!
I'd just stick with it now that you have it...
Neil
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby St3vo » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:09 am

After playing with it over the weekend. It is fun. I serviced it all on saturday. Belts (power steering, fan belt , timing belt) Breaks oil, front 3 sparks (didn't have a gasket to replace the rear 3.
Running great. Ridiculously fast! >:- >
St3vo

Previous

Return to For Sale