Meet?

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Meet?

Postby Dave » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:02 pm

Any one up for a meet over the next month or so?? maybe in the midlands to try and get a few of lads from the west over???
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Meet?

Postby CJ » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:41 pm

Dave wrote:Any one up for a meet over the next month or so?? maybe in the midlands to try and get a few of lads from the west over???

Good man Dave, you've just elected yourself as organiser ;)

Name the time and the place and I'll be there (as long as its not the w/end of Oct the 13th or 20th).

We didn't get any reaction from the proposed meet in the UK so it looks like people would prefer to stay closer to home. If thats the case, we might as well sort something out so any suggestions for a venue would be welcome.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:50 pm

looks like it alright, the only problem is finding what people want to do and get some where...
so all suggestions are welcome and it'll have to be either late october or early november.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby keville » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:16 pm

I'd definately be up for the meet in the midlands are we going to make it an overnight one :?: just so we can quench our thrist either way I'll be up for it , So come on Guys lets try and make this one a bit bigger than the five who turned up in the pale :wink:

Keville
keville
Octane king
Octane king

ye i'm in

Postby ronbyrne » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:08 pm

lots of questions about my gpx can only be answered by comparing with others, stay over is good idea cause i love beer.! lol
ronbyrne

Postby Dave » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:18 am

so any ideas on where and what to do? i'll need some ideas and i'll organise the rest, and yes defo a good old session is in order :P
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:40 am

Dave wrote:so any ideas on where and what to do? i'll need some ideas and i'll organise the rest, and yes defo a good old session is in order :P

I rpobably won't be available cause i'm boring, don't really drink, don't get many "going out" passes and generally am a lazy b**tard :) but I hear kilkenny is a pretty good spot.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:24 pm

shane wrote:
I rpobably won't be available cause i'm boring, don't really drink, don't get many "going out" passes and generally am a lazy b**tard :) but I hear kilkenny is a pretty good spot.

Go on out of that Shane, you can have a few 7-ups and tell the missus we'll look after you ;)

Kilkenny sounds like a good option, I'd be up for staying overnight and having a few pints.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:49 pm

Kilford Arms hotel is alright, nice decent size car park out the back as well and only accross the road from langtons, which is meant to be decent enough!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby JD » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:53 pm

I'd be up for a night out in Kilkenny - I'm probably one of the elder lemmons (42'ish) - and like Shane not much for the drink, but I'd manage a couple of pints in good company, and I'd love to see the other cars (Shane you'd be safe with me - my miss's will vouch for that).

So you can count me in.

Cheers

Dave (JD)
JD
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby CJ » Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:20 pm

JD wrote:I'd be up for a night out in Kilkenny - I'm probably one of the elder lemmons (42'ish) - and like Shane not much for the drink, but I'd manage a couple of pints in good company, and I'd love to see the other cars (Shane you'd be safe with me - my miss's will vouch for that).

So you can count me in.

Cheers

Dave (JD)

FTO ownership knows no boundries when its comes to age so you'll be in good company JD ;)

As regards dates, how does either October the 4th or the 25th suit people?
Lets get some numbers together over the next week and book somewhere for those interested in staying over. I can't say I'm overly familiar with the midlands as a whole (don't get out of the pale much ;) )
so can some of you guys come up with some ideas for something to do for the afternoon?

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kace » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:26 pm

CJ,
I'd be up for late Oct / early November. If it's an overnighter then I will probably convince the better half to accompany. Hopefully it will be a warmer affair than Modello !!
KC
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby keville » Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:23 pm

Its starting to look like there'll be a nice few cars at this meet :P yipeeeeee can't wait for the session [sorry i meant to see all those lovely fto's(and the session he-he!)]

Keville
keville
Octane king
Octane king

Postby ronbyrne » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:50 pm

i'm ok for most dates
ronbyrne

Postby JD » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:58 pm

The 25th October would be best for me :D
JD
JD

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:07 am

i can't make the 25th, a friend of mine is moving to tiberius so i've to make an appearance at a going away do.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:54 am

How does November the 1st suit everybody?

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:57 am

yeah it'd suit me alright!
(does this put you back in contention for organising it Ciaran??) :wink:
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:07 am

Dave wrote:yeah it'd suit me alright!
(does this put you back in contention for organising it Ciaran??) :wink:

I'm happy to organise as long as some of you midlands lads come up with something to do for the day :P

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:12 am

ah i'll give a hand alright, it's not fair on you to organise everything all the time. i'll have a look at some stuff to do in kilkenny today
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:07 pm

Dave wrote:ah i'll give a hand alright, it's not fair on you to organise everything all the time. i'll have a look at some stuff to do in kilkenny today

I'd come down for the afternoon alright.....
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:26 am

CJ wrote:How does November the 1st suit everybody?

Ciaran

Yessss suits me fine it's a weekend i'm not working as yet but if they tell me after to day to come in it will be a big noooo to them, as regards things to do near kilkenny, there is a cart track in kiltorcan (spell?) which is about 20-25 min from kilkenny city as regards other things i'm not sure, i know there is paintballing somewhere around bu as to where that is i'm not sure.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby Kace » Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:52 pm

Nov 1 sounds good to me. Dave will you have the leather installed and on view by then ?
KC
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:19 am

hopefully, i was to meet him this weekend but i was away, but it should be finished by then!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:53 pm

OK, if we want to push forward with this meet, we'll have to book someone fairly soon, I called the Kilford Arms in Kilkenny and they're fully booked for Nov 1st, I have a listing of a few places but we need to get an idea of how many people will be staying the night. So far, the following people have shown interest in coming along, can you let me know if you will be staying overnight or not:

CJ
Dave
Kace
Daz
Keville
JD
Ron Byrne
Shane (no excuses ;))

Dave, could you follow up on the paintballing\karting idea for the afternoon, if you need help, let me know.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Irish FTO meets