Fto

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Fto

Postby Wojti » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi, I have a question about my fto, could someone tell me something about my model cause i heard this one is very rare but i am not sure. That's Fto 98 Gp version R aero series. Thx.
Wojti
1st gear
1st gear

Re: Fto

Postby Kace » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Yes it's slightly more rare than the other models but is largely the same as the standard GPX.

What else do you need to know?
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Wojti » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:12 am

One more question, what can I do? sell this car, or rebuild, part by part, new paint, every details clean and make the same condition almost like a new, it is worth of that? when i will spend about 3k there is no option to sell it for that money? Thx.
Wojti
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Wagalini » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:00 am

That's up to you really.

Any money you put into any car is generally gone. You can see from DoneDeal that the prices FTO's are going for these days isn't much.

You can take a look at goz_83's threads to get an idea of the costs
http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13627

or technikhaus Black Hole thread
http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13970

Personally if I had the money to spare I'd put it into my FTO :D
Wagalini
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Don't do the car up with the intention to sell it. You will be heart broken. Only put money into it if you want to keep it. I am a big fan of the fto and I have spent a fortune on tasteful mods and getting the car next to 100%.

If you need parts, my bro in law has just recently broken a GR tip and has plenty of bits and bobs. If you intend selling the fto, it might be best to sell as it is. If you put money into it, you won't see it back unless you're very, very lucky. Maintain it, drive it, love it.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mick ah » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Goz is right.

Even getting two grand for an immaculate FTO is very difficult. Only spend money on it if you want to keep it (and you should, if you can insure it)

If it wasn't so difficult to insure these cars they'd be going for a lot more money, thousands instead of hundreds.

They really capture the imagination of young men, like myself, whom will find it most difficult to insure. I got lucky with the insurance and had the pleasure of driving one until I killed it :(

I don't even think it's the current economic climate, I reckon it was when Quinn stopped handing out insurance policies to anyone on anything that the FTO market really took a dive. Shame.

I reckon once they start hitting 20 years old the prices will go back up. Cheap classic policies will mean owning one will be (more) affordable. '94 owners might be happy campers next year.
Mick ah
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Return to General FTO Discussion