Induction Mini Intake Question

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Induction Mini Intake Question

Postby goz_83 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:58 pm

I received my induction kit after a month. Not only is the hose too narrow, but I didn't receive one of those little mini filters I have seen around the world wide web. So, I have a question and I am assuming the answer will be "yes". On the stock air intake hose, there is a little tiny hose attached to that and a small air valve on the engine. Does this mini valve need to be connected to:

a) the main intake hose / a separate breather filter.
b) Nothing...it doesn't matter.

The manufacturer claims the fto mivec does not need filtration to the mini valve I spoke of, but the person who wrote to the supplier thought that there was "only a GR and a Mivec". I cringed. Either way, I think the kit is wrong and I am disgusted after waiting a month to get it from the UK.

Here is what I received
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Induction Mini Intake Question

Postby optical illusion » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:19 pm

So send it back? It needs to be fit for purpose.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:57 pm

I assume this is using some of the OE piping?
colm_mcm

Postby goz_83 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:31 am

I hope to take a good look tomorrow to see exactly how it's installed. It's supposed to be a 10 minute job and I hope it is. But I know I will need to use the stock tube, or get a silicoe tube on ebay and a reducer to fit the filter to the silicone tube. I will also need a connector AND a breather filter too :cry:

I hate when things are advertised in such a dishonest way and expect "photo for illustration purposes only" to cut it. I will add a link of the product...and you can judge for yourself if you think the breather filter is included....or what you might get. Does it look like you get a hose to connect the filter to the engine? You saw what I got. Tell me is that what one would expect. I have complained to the company, but I doubt anything will come of it. I pick my battles and I think this is one that will be too much hassle. Link below.

http://www.regals-motorsport.co.uk/filt ... if-68.html
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Uncle B » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:01 am

Sadly it looks to me like they sent you a mix of all the random spares they had lying about.
Includes all the parts required to build a complete induction system for the listed vehicle.

I'd certainly get onto them.

Honestly I can't figure out what it's meant to be.
I assume its a standard induction kit but when I look at the hose I think it looks like a bumper mounted cold air feed?

I've a spare ITG Maxogen that bolts on to the standard pipe if you go the refund route.
Get out of here Nebulon! No one likes your style...
Uncle B
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Bernard » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:41 am

Uncle B wrote: I've a spare ITG Maxogen that bolts on to the standard pipe if you go the refund route.

That's what I have, coupled with a cold air feed, probably the best combo you can have.
The ITG is the best bang for your buck in terms of induction kits.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby goz_83 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:36 am

It's a bumper mounted cold air feed alright. I really like the filter, it's exactly what I wanted, but I expected more tbh. I will be building the rest out of silicone hose. I reckon I'll be kitting out the engine bay with silicone hoses while I'm at it. Just have to take measurements and see what I need. I like the Ash branded hoses. Not too expensive and available in wire reinforced tubes for the intake hose.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical