Newbie Air Con HELP PLS!?

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie Air Con HELP PLS!?

Postby eddie1977 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi everyone, I have just joined the site and was hoping somebody out in FTO land might be able to help shed some light on why my air con wont work properly? I have done some searches but not found anyone that has had the same problem.

I have a 95 FTO 2L GR and have had it for 12 months and never had the aircon working in that time. It will not blow cold air just normal or hot air. I have taken it to a garage and replaced the air con radiator, the receiver/dryer and the dual pressure switch and also the a/c control unit in the dash. The system was re-gassed and no leaks found, and the garage said it may be the expansion valve seized. I researched it as much as I could and found that this is on the evaporator box under the glove box, so I changed this too. After all this I had it re-gassed ok with no leaks, but the pressure readings were 5bar on the low side and 5bar on the high side instead of 1-3 bar on the low and 7 - 10 bar on the high side. The only thing I haven't changed yet on the pressure side is the compressor itself but this has always seemed to be working. When the air con is switched on the magnetic clutch seems to kick in and turn and the compressor kicks in.

After some blood sweat and tears (and too much money) I now find that the more the engine is revved up then the colder the air comes out?? Is it the compressor that needs changing, or a/c compressor relay, or is it the air mix damper motor........... any help would be much appreciated as this is driving me MAD! :?

Thanks in advance for any replies....

Eddie
eddie1977

Re: Newbie Air Con HELP PLS!?

Postby eddie1977 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:53 pm

Anyone?
eddie1977

Re: Newbie Air Con HELP PLS!?

Postby goz_83 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:21 am

:wel

Sorry i am stumped with that one. Sounds like you only have a couple of parts to change out though. Try one and if no luck, try the other. Was a full diagnostic carried out?
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical