Custom and Performance - Limerick [11th Sept 2005]

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Custom and Performance - Limerick [11th Sept 2005]

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:38 pm

Should anyone have any interest - This was a very well run show last year - I'm presently considering the 1/4 mile event - if not then the "Show & Shine" - another couple of FTOs and we'd have ourselves a mini-meet! I guess its probably too late to consider an FTO Ireland entry of cars but if there was the numbers I'm sure it would be possible.

http://www.customandperformancecarshow.com

Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:45 pm

I was all on for it until I realised the date - All Ireland hurling final day, Cork vs Galway (less said about the football the better! :roll: Dubs might agree with me on that one though :wink: ). My brother was telling me about this a week or two ago, apparently vage are attending.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby CJ » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:38 am

kevinod wrote:less said about the football the better! :roll: Dubs might agree with me on that one though :wink:

Nuff said indeed! :smt012

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:30 pm

Not much interest then!

I'll probably stick my FTO into the 1/4 mile event rather than the "Show & Shine" then - would be interesting to get a time and see how it stacks up against the Teg type R's - they seemed to rule the FWD roost at last years event.

Time to take out the back seats/spare wheel and other misc bits and bobs. Maybe reduce tyre pressure to maximise traction off the line.

Anyone got anymore 1/4 mile tips?
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:22 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:Anyone got anymore 1/4 mile tips?

Not a whole lot apart from drop the clutch at high revs and change gears quickly!

Would be really interested to see some video footage if you do stick her on the strip.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mustang » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:36 pm

Unfortunately I won't be around that weekend, so I can't make it. I was thinking of going but realised it clashed with other plans...

MfFTO wrote
Anyone got anymore 1/4 mile tips?

Check out the post by Daz in this thread
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:10 pm

CJ wrote:
Myfeckin FTO wrote:Anyone got anymore 1/4 mile tips?

Not a whole lot apart from drop the clutch at high revs and change gears quickly!

CJ

Erm- I won't be dropping the clutch at anything like high revs - all I'd get is wheelspin - I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 3000-3500RPM to get off the line cleanly - any higher and I'll be stationary with my wheels spinning.

I'll see if I can get a mate to get a clip of one of the runs for the site.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:15 pm

Mustang wrote:Check out the post by Daz in this thread

Daz suggests putting more air in the tyres - but it would make a lot more sense to reduce the pressure to get max traction.

I will have some Silkolene Proboost to boost the Octane and I'll most certainly strip anything I don't need from the car.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:33 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote: I'll most certainly strip anything I don't need from the car.

If you remove that huge Hiro wing, you should loose a bucket load of weight ;)

Myfeckin FTO wrote:Erm- I won't be dropping the clutch at anything like high revs - all I'd get is wheelspin - I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 3000-3500RPM to get off the line cleanly - any higher and I'll be stationary with my wheels spinning.

What I meant to say there was drop the clutch at optimum revs just before wheelspin kicks in, this variableis gonna be hard to determine without doing some testing first, is there any industrial parks in your area perchance? ;)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:23 pm

CJ wrote:
If you remove that huge Hiro wing, you should loose a bucket load of weight ;)

....................... is there any industrial parks in your area perchance? ;)

CJ

I knew you'd bring up the Hiro :lol: - It actually weighs feck-all! - less than the standard TBH. What may be more of an issue is the drag it will cause - starting to regret having bonded the spoiler on as well as bolting it to the boot. It would be gone for that day otherwise. :smt102

As for an industrial estate I was thinking of using yours - thats a nice stretch beside your shop. :smt019
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:55 am

Myfeckin FTO wrote:.........I'll probably stick my FTO into the 1/4 mile..........would be interesting to get a time and see how it stacks up against the Teg type R's - they seemed to rule the FWD roost at last years event.

Good day yesterday - pity there weren't more FTO's.
Good turnout though - Must have been at least 30 cars in the 1/4 mile.
Classes divided into FWD 1.6 or under normally aspirated
FWD 1.6 - 3.0l na
FWD turbo
RWD na and turbo
4WD turbo

As expected quite a few Type R's etc - I came 3rd in class in between two of the Jap spec (220bhp) Teg r's - one was .1 of a second faster the other .1 of a second slower so theres nothing in it really. Best 1/4 mile time of 15.037secs - tried several different methods to break into the 14's but couldn't manage it.
My best 0-60 was also almost identical to the faster Teg R at 6.48 secs.

Grip was really an issue - quite dusty track - my fastest 1/4 mile was done when I had my slowest 0-60 of 7.11secs?? - so it would seem that 14sec times are possible - maybe loose the Hiro spoiler :roll:

The winner had shoehorned a 2.0litre race prepared engine (250bhp est) into his corsa - bet me by .4 sec on the 1/4 mile.

Some very fast 12 sec cars there inc a Cobra and several big power EVO's - no Scoobys curiously.

Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:42 pm

Some nice results there mfFTO. :smt023

MfFTO wrote

This is impressive, I've seen sub 7 sec times quoted for the FTO and was always a bit sceptical, reassuring to see that these type of figures are achievable.
BTW hows the new clutch holding up :?:
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:54 pm

Mustang wrote:Some nice results there mfFTO. :smt023

MfFTO wrote

This is impressive, I've seen sub 7 sec times quoted for the FTO and was always a bit sceptical, reassuring to see that these type of figures are achievable.
BTW hows the new clutch holding up :?:

Clutch held up really well - and I got a total of about 9-10 runs in throughout the day.
The car was very impressive TBH - I really gave it some stick yesterday and it feels better this morning than it ever has.

The start was quite dusty and slightly uphill so the 6.48sec 0-60 time is definetly beatable - I also had 45 litres of fuel onboard as well though I had taken out spare wheel/ICE/Rear seats.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:28 pm

Nice one mffto! Sounds good, would have liked to be there.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:40 pm

kevinod wrote:Nice one mffto! Sounds good, would have liked to be there.

Would have made for a really good meet - good craic and a chance to see how your car really performs.

Day started at 0830 - I had an hour for lunch and finished up at 1700 - so had a good chat with the lads throughout the day in between runs - all really sound like-minded petrolhead blokes - good respect for everyones car whether it was a Civic VTI/Glanza or a 500BHP EVO or Cobra. Some nice skills shown and no stupid driving despite been given free rein around the Ambulance track on the racecourse.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:41 pm

Me getting off the (slightly uphill) startline - taken from racershaven
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Irish FTO meets