Quinn Direct FTO Insurance

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Quinn Direct FTO Insurance

Postby ryupaladin » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:12 pm

Would love to get an FTO but so far not a single insurance company will quote me. However I'm with Quinn Direct. Rang them today and they said that it's a illegal for an insurance company whom you are with already to refuse to insure a car that you have bought. But they said they cannot give me a quote unless I own the car. Does anyone know if I went ahead and bought the FTO and then rang Quinn to get insurance on it would it be expensive? I'm 22 with full irish licence for 3 years with 2 years ncb and 2 yrs named driving experience.
I was looking around the forums also and saw that stewy got a quote for 700 odd euro on tpft with quinn with similar credentials as myself. Would I be chancing my leg if I went off bought the car and then rang quinn to find the premium to be 2 grand or something?
ryupaladin

Re: Quinn Direct FTO Insurance

Postby optical illusion » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:33 pm

Always a chance but I have pretty much the same credentials as you (but I'm a girl) and mine is 1200.

EDIT: Fully comp
Last edited by optical illusion on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby paul2508 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

try this, worked for me after bein refused insurance from quinn a number of times.
dunno if rob tried it yet
http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11878
...Me fail english?..Thats unpossible.....
paul2508
FTO-Ireland rules my world
FTO-Ireland rules my world

Postby Uncle B » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:28 am

I'm a year older than you with the same credentials (have license a year more too) and am paying 1500 tpft with everything declared...

I think you should ring up and say you've bought one and once you get the quote decide if you actually want to go through with it or not
Get out of here Nebulon! No one likes your style...
Uncle B
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby StewyD32 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:12 am

Hi ryupaladin. Noticed you picked me out as an example. I just rang Quinn and said i was buying one and wanted to change over the insurance from my mirage coupe, and wanted to see how much extra it would be, which they did straight away.
They legally have to quote you and tell you this when you are a policy holder with them, and to quote you when your renewal is up. What they said to you about owning the car first before they can quote you is complete bull.

However i did get a really good quote from them considering my age and how long how long I've been driving, so don't think yours is going to be that same. There are many on this forum who are older and have alot more no claim bonus's than me that couldn't get that price. :mrgreen:

Ring back and let us know what the update is. will be interested to see what they say the second time. :twisted:
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby cullen5998 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:02 pm

Just give a call and say you have bought the FTO. You'll need the reg from the one your looking at though. They will give you a quote then. If its too high dont buy the car. My insurance is around the 700 mark too with Quinn on a GPX so you could be lucky :D
Proud owner 95 GPX
cullen5998
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Sebastian » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:27 pm

They didn't want to insure me on one of my fto's but when i showed them the book with my name on it they reconsidered so worth to try ...
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby ryupaladin » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:16 pm

Thanks for the replies and the advice, sorry about the delayed response I haven't been near a pc for a week. Gonna try some of those things and see what happens! :smt003
ryupaladin

Return to Motor Insurance