swap my rx7

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

swap my rx7

Postby DanD1988 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Hi all havent had an fto in a while and kinda miss it so thinking about changing i have been offered 2k cash for my auto rx7 its twin turbo 92 very clean and nice and stock a couple of nice mods 54k jap i would rather swap for a nice well specd fto or i will just sell rx7 then be wanting to buy so any1 selling / swaping let me know or i may take fto worth less money and cash. pics and full spec to follow :D
DanD1988
Octane king
Octane king

Re: swap my rx7

Postby Chris_Heilong » Tue May 22, 2012 8:58 pm

The RX7 is a serious machine, If I were you I would sell it and shop around for an FTO. What spec are you after?
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Gerry » Tue May 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Check out this GPX, looks clean.
Guy is looking for RX7

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3263950
Gerry
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby DanD1988 » Wed May 23, 2012 12:01 am

yea was chatin to the guy noticed after himself and one owner before him in space of 4 weeks any1 have any info on this car? yes the rx7s are an amazing car but im just stuck on fto haha but in no rush to sell thats why i dont want to let it go for so little would strait swap for very clean well specd fto prefer gpx or gpvr facelife and sunroof lol not asking for much but all fto offers welcome with or with cash :D and again any info on that 98 gpx would be great has a look on here and found an old post from 2008 cant think of guys name said he imported his 98 gpx silver and fitted blue leds so thinking it mite be same one but dident see any history info at all on car any help would be great thx guys and gals :D
DanD1988
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Chris_Heilong » Wed May 23, 2012 3:38 pm

That FTO looks like a great example, some people buy on a whim and then realise how hard it is to get insurance so sell as fast as they can, bit pricey.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Chris_Heilong wrote:That FTO looks like a great example, some people buy on a whim and then realise how hard it is to get insurance so sell as fast as they can, bit pricey.

Yes but some people also buy, not realising they've bought junk. I have viewed 17 ftos since accidentally becoming an owner and I have only 1 of them was close to as expected. That's my own gpx (with sunroof :) ) My first one was a swap for a van job and had a few issues needing done, but was in reasonable nick. The second one I bought was from Gerry and it wasn't even the one I went to view! The one I went to view for breaking wasn't in great nick, but the one I bought from him was in good condition, save a couple of minor things. That's the one my brother is selling now. The red gx he bought is not in the condition you would expect either, but he is happy to put the work into it, because it's a newer car and has the quad exhaust as a bonus. The gpx atto bought recently: i viewed that too, but it was pretty shabby in a lot of areas. A gx i viewed in Rush was also in need of some serious work. They always look so much better in the photos and really need to be seen in the flesh to appreciate them.

@DanD : You will find it hard getting a manual gpx with the spec you are looking for, but if you're patient, something will come up. Do consider a gr, or gx though, because they are great machines too. The mivec still has a hold over me, but it fades with time and I wouldn't mind having a gr now if i'm completely honest. I have spent so much on the gpx that i have to keep it though. If you want to view the gr my bro has, just give me a shout.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby DanD1988 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:29 pm

would your brother be interested in giving some cash with his off the rex?
DanD1988
Octane king
Octane king

Postby goz_83 » Wed May 23, 2012 7:01 pm

DanD1988 wrote:would your brother be interested in giving some cash with his off the rex?

Its cash he needs, which is why the car is selling for so cheap. Its worth much more than the asking price (even in fto terms), but he owes me a few quid, so just wants it gone. Only in the last hour, he said he will let it go for 800. Viewing the car you will see its worth at least twice that, no exaggeration. He doesn't have the luxury of waiting, because its owed money, but 800 is the bottom line. He will borrow to pay me back otherwise, rather than selling for less. Its in Dublin 13. You're better off selling the rx7 for the extra money and putting that to the fto with plenty left over. Its had a service in the last fortnight because it was laying up for a few months. It runs really sweet now.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby DanD1988 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:51 pm

ah pity as the fella that was taking my rx7 rang me sayin he couldent get the full amount and would i take a civic and 1k so not a hope of that any other car maby haha so still waiting for offers guys need an fto :cry: lol
DanD1988
Octane king
Octane king

Postby DanD1988 » Mon May 28, 2012 2:07 pm

Deposit taken on rx7 hopefully all goes well will be sittin in fto in next few days :D
DanD1988
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Chris_Heilong » Mon May 28, 2012 2:31 pm

Good luck, If I hadnt of bought my FTO I would be looking for an RX7.
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Mon May 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Chris_Heilong wrote:Good luck, If I hadnt of bought my FTO I would be looking for an RX7.

Maybe that's what you should put in the 2k car budget thread :) But we all know the fto is the car of choice. Anyone else here agree? :lol:

@ Dan: That's good news. Make sure you take plenty of photos of that rx-7 for those fond memories. 8) Its a nice machine.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby DanD1988 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:24 pm

Well looks like car is as good as sold so i will have max 1000euro to spend any1 lookin to sell let me no going to hang on to this car and put some time and money into it to get it the excact way i want so want a good one goz brothers one is lookin good but want to see what else there is to :D
DanD1988
Octane king
Octane king

Postby goz_83 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:35 pm

You should look at the rest, before buying the best. That way, you will sleep soundly at night. If tax/insurance wasn't so high, I would be the owner of that gr. I love my gpx, but i'm a sucker for the silver ones for some reason. Text me when you want to drop down. My brother is there most of the time anyway. I am free mornings before 11 and after 8pm, so there will be someone to show the car to you.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby ottostreet » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:03 am

That white GX was a minter (as many on this site can testify to) up until it was sold by myself. God only knows what way the current owner looked after it, but I would recommend viewing it.

Or Gox's GR, that looks pretty sweet too and is cheaper!
ottostreet
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Return to For Sale