Ignition Barrel - Help Needed

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Ignition Barrel - Help Needed

Postby marty » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:30 pm

A couple of guys broke into my fto and unsuccessfully attempted to hot wire it at the weekend.

The problem is they've pulled out all the wiring from under the steering column and a lot of the wires are pulled out of their connector blocks or cut in half. I'm going to need a new ignition barrel but initally im just trying to find what wires go into the connector block that plugs into the back of the ignition barrel. Would anyone have a picture of the back of their ignition barrel so I can see what wires go where? The hope would then be that if i can rebuild the connector block I'll be able to hot wire the car to get it started and back into the driveway since its now in the street with no door locks!

If anyone has a picture of their ignition barrel intact, or can shed any light on the wiring it would be VERY much appreciated. Also if anyone has experience of hotwiring their FTO feel free to PM any advice!

Thanks
marty
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Re: Ignition Barrel - Help Needed

Postby Joejo » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:48 am

Hi. I just read your post.
Have you got sorted yet?
You Know It Makes Sense
Joejo
1st gear
1st gear

Postby marty » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:10 am

Sorry just seeing your reply now as fto has been off the road for the last year. But yes, managed to figure out the wiring thanks! If anyone's stuck give me a shout.
marty
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby goz_83 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:25 am

Thats gotta be a record for delay in responding to a post. :lol:
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical