Bavaria City Racing (F1)

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Bavaria City Racing (F1)

Postby TopCat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:13 pm

Anyone thinking of going to this? Would be nice to see some F1 cars blasting around Dublin. Its on 3rd June.

Great website, they even have some pics of the Formula 1 cars somewhere on it... :wink:

http://www.bavariacityracing.ie/bcrd/
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Re: Bavaria City Racing (F1)

Postby goz_83 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 pm

That's my birthday. I will be in Spain, soaking up the sun :)
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby optical illusion » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:55 pm

I would, but it's just going to be an expensive cattle mart full of gimps and "fans".
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby TopCat » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:07 am

optical illusion wrote:I would, but it's just going to be an expensive cattle mart full of gimps and "fans".

Christ, bad day? :lol:

A lot of the areas are free, and even with travelling to get there, I'd imagine probably a little bit cheaper than going to a full Grand Prix? Not all "fans" are hardcore enough to get flights abroad, accommodation, and then pay a few hundred for tickets into a race.
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby optical illusion » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:03 pm

TopCat wrote:
Christ, bad day? :lol:

A lot of the areas are free, and even with travelling to get there, I'd imagine probably a little bit cheaper than going to a full Grand Prix? Not all "fans" are hardcore enough to get flights abroad, accommodation, and then pay a few hundred for tickets into a race.

Ha.

I know a few people working on it, the free areas are going to be really bad and hard to see anything whereas they are keeping the high cost, paid ticket areas for the good views. Don't get me wrong, it'll bring great money into country. Fans are you and I. Fans in inverted commas, are scobes etc, who pretend they are into F1.

What I'm trying to say really, is I'm not going to pay outlandish fees to see F1 cars doing parade laps and not actually racing, and I'm also not going to be squished between all the people on the ground trying to peer over their heads to see a fast colour go by.

I want my first experience to be epic, and I'm willing to wait and save to do what you described.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:11 pm

optical illusion wrote:trying to peer over their heads

In fairness, peering over someone's shoulder would be a milestone for you. Never mind their head. :wink:
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby goz_83 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:35 pm

After a night on the Guinness.....A good old FART is always great to clear a bit of space in a tight crowd. I know, because i'm one who DOESN'T drink Guinness. Only a few days ago, a disgusting old pig of a woman let one rip at the deli counter. She didn't even acknowledge it and the place was packed. It thundered through the whole shop and everyone escaped quicker than lightning. I swear I am scarred from it. Haven't eaten a chicken roll since.
Last edited by goz_83 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby optical illusion » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Bernard wrote:
optical illusion wrote:trying to peer over their heads

In fairness, peering over someone's shoulder would be a milestone for you. Never mind their head. :wink:

This is true :)

goz_83 wrote:After a night on the Guinness.....A good old FART is always great to clear a bit of space in a tight crowd. I know, because i'm one who DOESN'T drink Guinness. Only a few days, a disgusting old pig of a woman let one rip at the deli counter. She didn't even acknowledge it and the place was packed. It thundered through the whole shop and everyone escaped quicker than lightning. I swear I am scarred from it. Haven't eaten a chicken roll since.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Off Topic