Wanted - NS mirror

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Wanted - NS mirror

Postby Temeeo » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:58 pm

Hi,

I wonder if anybody has a near side mirror available, doesn't have to be working. Did some damage to mine the other day while parking at work. (I park in very tight spot that most people tend to avoid. I like the spot as it's between three walls and nobody but you can do any damage to the car - which just happened, my foot slipped off clutch and the car went a bit to far in and encountered electrical box. :cry: )

The black trim got bend inwards and cracked and the mirror housing is scuffed a bit. Think I could do with just the black trim and maybe use some filler for the housing? Or is it better to get a complete mirror and just respray it?
99 Mitsubishi FTO GX Manual in Passion Red
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: Wanted - NS mirror

Postby goz_83 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:44 pm

I have what you need Jan. Mirror is red, but you only need the black trim anyway. Some filler and respray would be best advised for the casing. You can take the whole mirror. At least you will have a working mirror while yours is getting sprayed. It'll probably cost about €50 or less at GVD Autos. You can have the mirror for whatever donation you want to give to the site. €10 or whatever. I don't need it and hoping I won't need it :lol:

It's a pain being so fussy, isn't it :smt003
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Temeeo » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:47 pm

That's brilliant Gary!

It is a pain alright, luckily it's the passenger side and I don't have to look at every time I get into and out of the car! Have to constantly remind myself that things like that happen every now and then if you use the car daily. :wink:

Still looks spotless from the driver side :D

I have some fillers at home and got the other day can of Scotia White mixed at Vinny Byrne - looks like it's a good match so I'll have a go at it myself. Is the mirror with George at GVD or with you?
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:03 am

Mirror is with me
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Temeeo » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:39 pm

pm sent.
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to For Sale