Meet

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Spoiler

Postby GarLaf » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:58 pm

Im confused now i taught the spoiler was a topmix it was on the fto with the black and red leather seats
GarLaf
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:07 pm

that is a top mix spoiler
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

spoiler

Postby GarLaf » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:11 pm

Thanks dave
GarLaf
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:14 pm

i've the same one on mine, makes it easy to say, Daz has got the veilside front bumper i've the top mix front lip, that's the only difference.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

the great escape

Postby mark » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:06 pm

Cheers CJ for a cool time on Saturday.Good to put faces to the guys.Hope Daz and Keville made it home ok.Daz,did you get stopped by any cops on the way home ?! And how were the calibration certs?
All the best until the next one,Mark
mark
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Re: the great escape

Postby CJ » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:21 pm

mark wrote:Daz,did you get stopped by any cops on the way home ?! And how were the calibration certs?

LOL :lol:
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keville » Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:12 pm

Hey Guys,

Had a ball and as Mark said its good to be able to put a face to the names,I was in stiches there reading about the calibration certs very funny :P , And CJ thanks for the tour your a gentleman remind me to give you a tour of the northwest sometime :wink: ,
By the way I was at home at 20.58 if you can believe that, its the fastest journey back from Baile ath Cliath(you know how to pronounce that yet Daz :wink: )And I never went over 112mph (Honest)

Keville
keville
Octane king
Octane king

Postby CJ » Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:41 pm

keville wrote:And CJ thanks for the tour your a gentleman remind me to give you a tour of the northwest sometime :wink:

You're welcome 8)

keville wrote:By the way I was at home at 20.58 if you can believe that, its the fastest journey back from Baile ath Cliath(you know how to pronounce that yet Daz :wink: )And I never went over 112mph (Honest)

2 hours to drive from Dublin to Sligo, well done!

I must give you a shout at some stage about those Eagle F1's Keville.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keville » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:36 pm

Ciaran,

No problem I rang that guy today and he was supposed to ring me back with a price,I'll get it tomorrow for you......

Keville
keville
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Daz » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:44 pm

GarLaf wrote:I had a couple of minutes to spare and took a look at the cars while you guys were carting. very impressive. the topmix spoiler is the best looking thing i have seen on an fto. has anyone any ideas of prices

The spoiler i have on mine isn't a topmix spoiler thou topmix do an exact replica mine is a core sport spoiler made by a company here in Ireland, but i'm afraid i don't have the details to hand, But having said that my advise is "STAY AWAY FROM IT :x :!: :!: :!: " It may look the mutts nutts but it is a bad design. mine is cracked and has done so before a few times and i got it repaired but i have just had enough of it constantly cracking so i am going to be changing it to a GPvR spoiler. It cracks on the bends of the upright supports as there is no central support it flex's alot which puts alot of strain on the supports, and it ain't just mine i pointed it out to atleast 5 other owners on there topmix spoilers at JAE last year,
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby Daz » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:47 pm

CJ wrote:
Daz, can you email me on your pics so as I can put them in with mine for display on the site?

Ciaran

I haven't downloaded them from the camera yet i'll be doing them on my day off on thursday will send them to ya then on friday
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Eagle F1 tyres

Postby keville » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:56 pm

Ciaran,

I got in touch with the Guy for the tyres and the prices are as follows;

(1) Eagle F1's €150.00 with VAT invoice

(2) Toyo Proxes €125.00 with VAT invoice

(3) Eagle F1's €130.00 (cash)

(4) Toyo (not sure would guess about €110.00 (cash)

I also got a price from the north for the Eagle F1 and they were £86 stg +VAT so the cash price from the boys is a lot cheaper especially if you compare it to Advance @ €180.00 per tyre

Anyway let me know if your interested because he can't get the eagle's until after the holidays but the toyo are no problem :wink:

Keville
keville
Octane king
Octane king

Re: Eagle F1 tyres

Postby soc » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:12 pm

keville wrote:Ciaran,

I got in touch with the Guy for the tyres and the prices are as follows;

(1) Eagle F1's €150.00 with VAT invoice

(2) Toyo Proxes €125.00 with VAT invoice

(3) Eagle F1's €130.00 (cash)

(4) Toyo (not sure would guess about €110.00 (cash)

What size are the tyres you're looking for? www.eiretyres.com are doing a 205/40R17 Toyo T1-S for 107.30 euro. Toyo's are the best tyre I've ever driven on - sticky as hell and pretty hard wearing.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

spoiler

Postby GarLaf » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:40 am

Daz wrote:
GarLaf wrote:I had a couple of minutes to spare and took a look at the cars while you guys were carting. very impressive. the topmix spoiler is the best looking thing i have seen on an fto. has anyone any ideas of prices

The spoiler i have on mine isn't a topmix spoiler thou topmix do an exact replica mine is a core sport spoiler made by a company here in Ireland, but i'm afraid i don't have the details to hand, But having said that my advise is "STAY AWAY FROM IT :x :!: :!: :!: " It may look the mutts nutts but it is a bad design. mine is cracked and has done so before a few times and i got it repaired but i have just had enough of it constantly cracking so i am going to be changing it to a GPvR spoiler. It cracks on the bends of the upright supports as there is no central support it flex's alot which puts alot of strain on the supports, and it ain't just mine i pointed it out to atleast 5 other owners on there topmix spoilers at JAE
last year,

thanks for the info daz, maybe ill give it a miss. if your throwing yours out let me know. I might be able to modify it with allu brackets put filler on it and then get it resprayed rather than spend 400 euro before it even gets put on the car. you can do alot with fibre glass repair kits.
GarLaf
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Previous

Return to Irish FTO meets