Auto Gear Selector 'Dust Stopper'

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Auto Gear Selector 'Dust Stopper'

Postby marty » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Hey, not too sure how to describe this so hoping the pictures help and someone's on the same wavelength as me!

About a year ago the plastic 'bit' inside auto gear selector cracked... it's the bit that stops dust and dirt getting in. At the time I wasn't overly worried as i figured i could fabricate a replacement fairly easily. A year later however I cant remember how exactly it works.. from memory I think there are two bits of plastic which fit over each other?

Basically just wondering if anyone knows from memory where the holes etc are on these bits of plastic and how they fit together so I could make my own, or failing that does anyone know someone breaking a car at the minute and I could buy it?

I've attached a couple of pictures to try and show the bit I mean. The first picture is my gear selector with the bit missing and the second is a picture I got from the internet showing the selector WITH the part.

Thanks

marty
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Re: Auto Gear Selector 'Dust Stopper'

Postby marty » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:48 pm

ahh, typical, as soon as i post on here i get my brain in gear and figure it out! sorry, mods feel free to delete this topic, sorry for making the place look messy!
marty
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Re: Auto Gear Selector 'Dust Stopper'

Postby Bernard » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:49 am

No need to delete it.
If you decide to make your own replacement, why not take a few pictures and put a guide up here.
I'm sure it'd help someone out.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to FTO Technical