'99 GPX

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

'99 GPX

Postby Bernard » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:33 am

A Japanese import company in Dublin has a white, manual GPX for sale.
E 15,000 for a '99..... not too bad.
They have an ad in the auto trader, I can't remember the number.
I'll check it out and try to post tomorrow.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby adrian » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:54 pm

Any news on this???
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Daz » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:54 pm

adrian wrote:Any news on this???

Didn't see a thing about this, i searched several auto traders and the net looking for this but had no joy :-((((
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby adrian » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:13 pm

You looking to get something yourself Daz??
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Daz » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:17 pm

adrian wrote:You looking to get something yourself Daz??

Yea i'm looking into getting a second car for myself either another FTO or and Evo plus i'm on the look out for two mates who want fto's aswell
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby adrian » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:42 pm

P**s off!!! I'm on the look out for a GPX mate!!
Any of your mates want a 1995 GS 8)
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Daz » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:05 pm

adrian wrote:P**s off!!! I'm on the look out for a GPX mate!!
Any of your mates want a 1995 GS 8)

Nah they are looking for manual GPX's even a 99 manual GR that i came across didn't tempted them
Daz

Postby CJ » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:10 pm

Daz wrote:
Nah they are looking for manual GPX's even a 99 manual GR that i came across didn't tempted them

With all your past problems, you've scarred them off Tip boxes I'd say ;)
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:29 pm

CJ wrote:
Daz wrote:

Brother was saying that mechanics (who replaced ARB bushes) told him they saw 2 FTO's in a place in town having gearboxes done ...... scary
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:45 pm

CJ wrote:
Daz wrote:

Yea i think that was the deciding factor that and the power loss.
Daz

Postby Daz » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:51 pm

shane wrote:
Brother was saying that mechanics (who replaced ARB bushes) told him they saw 2 FTO's in a place in town having gearboxes done ...... scary

Yea it is, if i knew 3 years ago what i know now i probably wouldn't have bought a tiptronic, but having said that if you lookafter them they will last a fair length of time, To my knowledge no-ones tip box has lasted as long as mine, mine had done 182,000 klm before it packed up. The longest i have known next to mine is 125,000 klm. but i think the fact that i serviced mine every 10,000 klm helped. i think my problem with the last on was that i couldn't get my hande on Dextron III ATF and used Dextron II ATF as a stop gap till i could source some, in hind sight it might have been beter if i had left the old fluid in it instead :cry:
Daz

Postby CJ » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:05 pm

Daz wrote:The longest i have known next to mine is 125,000 klm

Mines still going strong @ 140,000kms, fingers crossed!

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daz » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:37 am

CJ wrote:

Ciaran

And long may it last too bud :) just learn from my mistake and don't do any shortcuts..
Daz

Postby adrian » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:05 am

"With all your past problems, you've scarred them off Tip boxes I'd say "

Hey!!! That was just plug leads that needed changing......box serviced every 10K kms....no worries that now.

134, 000 KM and purring along.

Giving me bad publicity before my sale!!!!
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Daz » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:13 am

adrian wrote:"With all your past problems, you've scarred them off Tip boxes I'd say "

Hey!!! That was just plug leads that needed changing......box serviced every 10K kms....no worries that now.

134, 000 KM and purring along.

Giving me bad publicity before my sale!!!!

I'd say he was talking about me and mine failing put them off.
Daz

Postby CJ » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:43 am

adrian wrote:Giving me bad publicity before my sale!!!!

'Daz wrote:' means that I was quoting Daz and not you Ado, take off those shades 8)

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:49 am

Daz wrote:
To my knowledge no-ones tip box has lasted as long as mine, mine had done 182,000 klm before it packed up.

Wow - hope mine lasts that long!

Daz also wrote:The longest i have known next to mine is 125,000 klm.

feck-daddy, I'm on 120kms right now - I'd hate to think my 'box will die soon! Time for an oil change I think.

Finally Daz wrote:but i think the fact that i serviced mine every 10,000 klm helped. i think my problem with the last on was that i couldn't get my hande on Dextron III ATF and used Dextron II ATF as a stop gap till i could source some, in hind sight it might have been beter if i had left the old fluid in it instead :cry:

Better get me some Dextron III from Camskill so..... or does anyone know if you can get it over here in Dublin?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:01 pm

shane wrote:
Better get me some Dextron III from Camskill so..... or does anyone know if you can get it over here in Dublin?

I will know more come saturday but i should have a place getting stuff in it was a place i had asked about 6 weeks ago before i got some in limerick, but they phoned me the other day to say they had it for me. what i will do when talking to them on saturday is i will see if they will get more in then stock it full time for us, and hopefully the mention of getting them mentioned on this web site might get them to do that. When i know more i'll let you know
Daz

Postby Daz » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:05 pm

CJ wrote:

Ciaran

When i said about the 125,00 klm i honestly thought it was the next best as i had heard it mentioned that it was the best in England, But i guess we just look after it better over here, go figure as it is easier to get the fluid over there???
Daz

Postby CJ » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:36 pm

Daz wrote:I will know more come saturday but i should have a place getting stuff in it was a place i had asked about 6 weeks ago before i got some in limerick, but they phoned me the other day to say they had it for me.

What about a group buy, we should be able to get a drum of this stuff and divide it out, I know I'd take about 15 Litres of the stuff. We should also look at getting a load of filters in, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the ATF filter the same as the one used on the Galant 92 on? Daz, do that crowd in Limerick supply filters, if so will theye give us a gansey load of 'em? If 4 people where to chip in for ATF and filters for their next 3 or 4 oil changes, we should be able to save a few quid.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daz » Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:27 pm

CJ wrote:
What about a group buy, we should be able to get a drum of this stuff and divide it out, I know I'd take about 15 Litres of the stuff. We should also look at getting a load of filters in, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the ATF filter the same as the one used on the Galant 92 on? Daz, do that crowd in Limerick supply filters, if so will theye give us a gansey load of 'em? If 4 people where to chip in for ATF and filters for their next 3 or 4 oil changes, we should be able to save a few quid.

Ciaran

I'll look into that but for now they only got it in in 1 litre containers :( which is expensive i know. but the same company who does the Dextron III do Dextron II in 25 litre drums so will see if they can get that in Dextron III. yes the filters do come from a galant also, my local place does replacements fairly cheeply, i will look into a bulk buy on saturday morning before i go to dublin if i get the chance
Daz

Postby adrian » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:04 pm

CJ wrote:
adrian wrote:Giving me bad publicity before my sale!!!!

'Daz wrote:' means that I was quoting Daz and not you Ado, take off those shades 8)

Ciaran

Sorry pal, I was still half asleep this morning.
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Dextron III ATF

Postby Eamon » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:43 am

A bulk buy would make sense.
Camskill are doing 5 litre containers for approx 27 Euro. I think us tip tRonnies need 8 litres for an AT oil change, so that would mean having to buy 2*5 litres = 54 Euro. This works out at 5.40 Euro per litre (not including delivery charges of course). Compare this to my local Motor Store which is charging nearly 10 Euro per litre container.
If anyone can get a good deal, give me a shout - I'd be interested.

E.
Eamon
Speed freak
Speed freak

Re: Dextron III ATF

Postby Daz » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:51 am

Eamon wrote:A bulk buy would make sense.
Camskill are doing 5 litre containers for approx 27 Euro. I think us tip tRonnies need 8 litres for an AT oil change, so that would mean having to buy 2*5 litres = 54 Euro. This works out at 5.40 Euro per litre (not including delivery charges of course). Compare this to my local Motor Store which is charging nearly 10 Euro per litre container.
If anyone can get a good deal, give me a shout - I'd be interested.

E.

The tip box holds 7.5 litres, but to get that you would need to be draining the tip box overnight, for all the fluid to drain out of all the capirallies (spell?) Usaually all that will get drained from a service would be about 6.5-7 litres so about 7 litres is what is needed but i always get 8 litres just to be on the safe side. Now the stuff i'm getting on saturday will be less than 10 euro a litre, but if i can get a deal done for a bulk buy , i'll let ye all know.
Daz

Re: Dextron III ATF

Postby soc » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:43 pm

Daz wrote:The tip box holds 7.5 litres, but to get that you would need to be draining the tip box overnight, for all the fluid to drain out of all the capirallies (spell?) Usaually all that will get drained from a service would be about 6.5-7 litres so about 7 litres is what is needed but i always get 8 litres just to be on the safe side. Now the stuff i'm getting on saturday will be less than 10 euro a litre, but if i can get a deal done for a bulk buy , i'll let ye all know.

I wanna do a gearbox oil change pretty soon - as I'm getting pretty close to the 6 month mark since the last change. I'm gonna order some Dextron III from camskill today. I'm just gonna get 5lts and then get 2/3 more 1lt bottles from a motor factors.

So Daz, where you getting the 1lt bottles from - I might pick some up on Saturday if I'm around? Do they do Forte top end treatment by any chance? I wanna do an engine oil change too so's I can try to quieten these tappets.

Bugger this mini service could get expensive cause I'm planning on changing the front disks and pads to camskills drilled disks with mintex pads and I'm thinking of a decat with new exhaust, etc., etc. - oh well no xmas presents for anyone this xmas!

Quick question - if I get a decat am I deffo gonna blow the baffles on the std exhaust? I've read a few posts on smartgroups about this and a few people have said this is sure thing to happen - anyone any experience of this?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Next

Return to For Sale