Divx to VCD

A forum for IT related questions

Moderator: Moderators

Divx to VCD

Postby CJ » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:22 am

Does anyone have a foolproof method for transferring Divx5 encoded avi's to VCD (MPEG1)? I'm not having much luck at the moment...

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Timmo » Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:59 pm

I normally use TMPEGENC to transcode DivXs not sure what version though. There is a wizard on startup that allows you to create various outputs (I find a higher bitrate MPEG1 better than MPEG2!). Then create a VCD in nero turn off compliance and off you go!
I Love It, I Love It, I Love It!

1995 Black FTO GR, Lowered Suspension, Sports Exhaust, Alpine ICE (bar the kak sony explode head unit!) Called ...Zia!
Timmo
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby CJ » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:58 am

I've tried TMPEGENC 2.5 Plus and it just hangs up on me when I try to open Divx5 encoded AVIs, I'll trick around with some of the program options to see if anything gives...

CIaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Timmo » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:36 pm

maybe try DVDx I think this lets you convert from avi but can't try it for you in slackware at the moment! You might also want to check that your DivX codec is upto date and that you have the Xvid codec just in case!

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dvdx ... e?download
I Love It, I Love It, I Love It!

1995 Black FTO GR, Lowered Suspension, Sports Exhaust, Alpine ICE (bar the kak sony explode head unit!) Called ...Zia!
Timmo
Unleaded
Unleaded

Return to Computers and IT