[EVENT] Custom & Performance show [30th Sept 2007]

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Postby Sebastian » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:16 am

So basicly everybody who attends the meet/show .. will be parked on the show 'n shine ?
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Muad_dib77 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:22 am

Well theres the S&S thing wich is seperate to the actual carpark..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby Dave » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:23 am

but it's better off having all the FTO's together, once entered into the show and shine, we all get in for free and then all the FTO's are parked together.. those who enter the 1/4 mile are in a seperate section of the grounds....
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:39 am

So the fto owners should register for S&S so that we could have all the comunity in one place no ? rather then a bunch of scattered FTO's ?
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Muad_dib77 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:51 am

Would make sense if we could get a chunk of the display area.. Would Kruizer be the guy to ask? Myfeckin' are you in the these peeps?
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Muad_dib77

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:52 am

Sebastian wrote:So basicly everybody who attends the meet/show .. will be parked on the show 'n shine ?

Obviously Show & Shine Area is an element of the Show itself. The Main Carparks are separate and for people visiting the show as paying customers. You don't pay for Show & Shine as you are part of the Show itself. I would enter all cars under the FTO Ireland Club banner as opposed to all of us having to individually send in pictures of your cars and having to pass scruitiny before you're allowed in.

I'd like to see all the FTO's together in the Show & Shine if possible. If you're just coming for a quick look and going away again then park in the main carpark and pay in as a visitor. Once you are parked in the show & shine you will be there for the day.

Of course the vast majority of people who visit the show will be parked in the car parks (fields) around the course. I suppose from an FTO Ireland perspective - you could view the show & shine as a way of getting a good car parking space :wink:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:11 am

Muad_dib77 wrote:Would make sense if we could get a chunk of the display area.. Would Kruizer be the guy to ask? Myfeckin' are you in the these peeps?

Already spoke to Peter in Sleek fx (who runs the show) - there won't be a problem with us getting an area near or in the Show & Shine for the FTO Ireland cars. If ye want to be separate from the Show & Shine section that can also be arranged.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby DirtyLopez » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:53 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:... your FTO doesn't need to be pristine or modded in any way - just clean with a bit of wax on it. Its more about getting the FTOs together as a club in the one area at the show & shine than trying to win the show.

well OK :lol: you convinced me, put me in S&S :) I`ll meet you guys after all and take some pics in nice background :wink:
DirtyLopez
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

what?

Postby Mike-Kerry » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:00 pm

alright what is happening show and shine( have my car looking spotless?) and do i get to race her on a track? never attended anything like this!could ye explain???i know im r**arded!
Proud owner of a 98 GPVR Aero Series
Mike-Kerry
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Muad_dib77 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:04 pm

It's one or the other other..

there 1/4mile time runs
or
there's show and shine..

the 1/4mile is a solo run..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Muad_dib77

Postby Mike-Kerry » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:45 pm

show and shine, my car is clean but is it worthy of the show and shine, its pretty standerd or does that matter??spotless but standerd GPVR Aero :?
Proud owner of a 98 GPVR Aero Series
Mike-Kerry
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Muad_dib77 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:52 pm

I had mine on the S&S last year - only thing I had changed was alloys as far as I remember..

Stand back and look at your car - the FTO is a beatiful thing - people will love it!
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Muad_dib77

Postby Dragonheart » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:53 pm

Ya, I'll join in for the S&S too. I'll get the hoover and the wax out and try and get the weird tarry crap off from behind my front wheels. By the way, does anyone know what that is? Or am I the only person who suffers from it?
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:57 pm

By the way, do the engine bays and boots have to nice and clean too, do the lids be popped and all that?

MFfto, do you need reg details and stuff for the S&S?
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Muad_dib77 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:13 pm

You only show the bits that you're happy showing - but it's nice to have a tidy car ;-)

It's a neat Idea to bring a long a few bits - like tyre black, cloth, window cleaner stuff...perhaps even a bottle of water..

Just to get those last wee bugs off.. it's good fun and the whole place is at it so nobody will look out of place giving their vehicle a quick once over.
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Muad_dib77

Postby RussMan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:45 am

I'll join you for the show and shine in the Z, my friends want to go as well for show and shine in an integra type R and E36 M3....

Where do i book as i remember having booking issues last year when doing the quarter mile which left me standing at the entrance for 1hr+ waiting for them to find my name on the list.... Subsequently my sub 15 second quarter mile times went on the website as Unknown :(
???? - Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
2007 Nissan 350z GT
2004 Nissan 350z GT
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPvR
1997 Mazda Mx-3
RussMan
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:25 am

Dragonheart wrote:.......MFfto, do you need reg details and stuff for the S&S?

We can talk about registration closer to the date - I'm hoping FTO Ireland can just put in one entry with car details, names and regs. They are not actually taking entries yet.

RussMan wrote:......Where do i book as i remember having booking issues last year when doing the quarter mile which left me standing at the entrance for 1hr+ waiting for them to find my name on the list.... Subsequently my sub 15 second quarter mile times went on the website as Unknown :(

Rusty - I don't believe you were Q'ing with the FTO Ireland group last year - you came in later - if we all go in a group on the morning of the Show then we can avoid this type of problem. Try and make the BBQ on the night before and stay over - we'll have a convoy to the racecourse on the morning of the show.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby elaine » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:38 pm

[quote="Myfeckin FTO" We'll let you lead the way to the racecourse this time Elaine! :wink:

I would love too , Only thing is i might get lost like i did in Dublin, and you guys would not be able to keep up :wink:
elaine
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Postby elaine » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:55 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote: Show and Shine was/hopefully is free - We just give in the Reg No.s which will allow you to drive right into the venue along with 1 passenger.
Last year the passenger had to pay as John did when we got too the gate We said that we though 1 passenger was free but were told that he had to pay
elaine

Postby RussMan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:06 pm

Ok so who books this????
???? - Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
2007 Nissan 350z GT
2004 Nissan 350z GT
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPvR
1997 Mazda Mx-3
RussMan
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:42 pm

RussMan wrote:Ok so who books this????

They're not taking bookings for at least another 2 weeks according to Peter in Sleek FX - Leave it with me till closer to the date and I can advise.

It may be better to book us all in as a club.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:48 pm

So do we all meet somewhere before hand and head off in together so? I will be coming up on the morning, but I'd still like to be part of the convoy going in.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:50 pm

there is that BBQ thing :lol:
Sebastian

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:05 am

Dragonheart wrote:So do we all meet somewhere before hand and head off in together so? I will be coming up on the morning, but I'd still like to be part of the convoy going in.

Thats no problem - for those that are coming on the day we will have a rendezous point - likely to be close to the Bypass - e.g. we stopped in the Cresent Shopping Centre last year for cash machine/McD's etc on the way.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby elaine » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:02 pm

How many of us are now going , seems to be going to be a big meet , can someone update the list
elaine

PreviousNext

Return to Irish FTO meets