TLC for gpx (SOLD)

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

TLC for gpx (SOLD)

Postby goz_83 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:09 am

I picked up a lovely manual mivec that needed some love. If an fto shows up within 50 miles of me, I am on it like a fly to poo. There have been so many disappointments where the car would need a full respray or complicated mechanical work, but this GPX was the perfect find. She needed some interior parts replaced and fixed. Usual problem with aircon unit lights. Fixed broken centre console. Replaced broken floor console. Tidied wiring. Replaced headlamp bumps and fixed faulty fog light. Replaced faulty driver mirror. Replaced battery clamp (battery was held in place with bungie cords :shock: ). Re-gassed aircon. Had to get 2 tyre valves replaced, because the caps were glued on. I have to replace the third brake light cover this afternoon.

She drives so smooth and is so clean, i considered keeping her. Only reason i wont keep is that im not allowed, so says the wife :lol: . Seats have no rips either. Rare enough these days.
Have someone coming to look from the club. Also a friend of a friend wants a gpx and my bro in law wants to buy it if he can sell his GR (by the way, there is a GR for sale, 700 quid quick sale). :ll

Will be advertising her if she doesn't sell right away.

Some pics:

This was taken before i got the clamp sorted, but the engine bay is spotless and needed very little elbow grease.

Last edited by goz_83 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: TLC for gpx

Postby Sebastian » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:11 am

nice find !

does it have any NCT / tax left?
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby goz_83 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:29 am

Sebastian wrote:nice find !

does it have any NCT / tax left?

Tax is out a couple of months. NCT will run out in August. I see no reason why she would fail, its really tight. She is also the cleanest i have seen underneath. Now, i'm no expert, but a lack of rust is a good thing, right?
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Engine bay looks very tidy alright !

Nice one. Sure you can fix up and sell to that other guy on here who is scouring the country for a good example.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:19 pm

Kace wrote:Engine bay looks very tidy alright !

Nice one. Sure you can fix up and sell to that other guy on here who is scouring the country for a good example.

She is all fixed up and ready to go Kace. The other guy scouring the country may well be the guy who will be here in a few minutes. I had her at Gerrys this morning to pick up a mirror motor and I swear he wanted to buy it :smt005

Took some willpower I think. Fair play Gerry. Getting through the Cold Turkey. Cheers for the part. Wouldn't feel right selling her unless she was as good as I could get her. I gave her sweat and blood (cut myself on the mirror motor). I well shed a tear when she goes.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: TLC for gpx (Provisionally Sold. Deposit Taken)

Postby goz_83 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:01 pm

Provisionally Sold. Took a deposit just now.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: TLC for gpx (Provisionally Sold. Deposit Taken)

Postby brccrx » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:25 am

Very, very nice i must say!
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Re: TLC for gpx (SOLD)

Postby goz_83 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:40 pm

Well the car is now sold. New owner (already a club member) was so excited, he drove up the road without putting the mirrors out :lol:

I will let him reveal himself when he's ready. Best of luck with it man. Hope to see it at a meet soon.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: TLC for gpx (SOLD)

Postby rmcg_2011 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:48 am

Yes, that would be me !! Great car, delighted to be back behind the wheel of one of these again. First Manual GPX and I can already see what everyone sees in them. was gonna change up the spoiler but now I have it I have changed my mind and will leave it as is.

all fun and games from here !!

thanks Goz.
rmcg_2011
Speed freak
Speed freak

Return to For Sale