colt mi-vec not working

A forum dedicated to quick Japanese motors

Moderator: Moderators

colt mi-vec not working

Postby Danny Kierans » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:35 pm

i,v had a 96 colt mi-vec,i have been trying to fix..the prob is that the mi-vec does not come in..Have tested oil press and changed cam sensor in head,coolant temp sensor and e.c.u.and still not working :oops: :x :oops:
does any1 have an idea or can you's give me a number of some1 that wood take on the jod..every1 in ask yes no woood not touch mi-vec colt :?:
Any help would be great.thank's :smt112
Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Mustang » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:58 pm

Danny,
Is it revving past the ~5200rpm mivec cut in point?
If cold the revs are limted to ~5200rpm (cut in point is different depending on whether it's a standard version or the RS version)-the temp sensor which you mentioned I guess is the one that controls this. If it revs past 5200rpm, I guess the temp sensor is not cutting in to limit the revs and is therefore not the problem.
Blown fuse, loose relay?
Is the car running ok otherwise?
I believe Aidan on here had a seimilar problem with his FTO mivec when he got it first. Think it was a vacuum hose or something. http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/phpBB2 ... ght=vacuum
Obviously if you could get it connected to a MUT reader that would be you best bet. Failing that I'm sure there is some way to read fault codes without it?
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Danny Kierans » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:04 pm

yes car will reach up to 7,200rpm but no more then that and no-mivec coming in.i have a second car that im using as a donore car,and there is no mitsu dealer around with daig computor <mut> i guess.
replaceing the knock sensor fixed mi-vec on his fto i guess i will try find out is there 1 on the colt.it's worth a go.is there a diff name for it..are error code,s done by flash code's like the fto.
Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Danny Kierans » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:17 pm

have looked for this knock sensor.even got my hands on auto data for the engine and got no-where
Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Return to Japanese Performance