looking for reverse light switch and other prts

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

looking for reverse light switch and other prts

Postby dan gr » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:22 pm

hey all,new to this forum,just bought a rough gr,1995,black,120mls,gearbox and engine so smoothe.
I am looking for as many stock parts as possible to return it to its origional glory!
I will need the center dash consol,just below the digital temp display,with radio if possbl
an origional gear knob,
2 mirrors,
origional twin tail pipe(have aftermarket backbox on it)
headlamps,
mitsubishi center caps from the origional alloys(on car)

if u have any of these things just pm cheers.
dan gr
1st gear
1st gear

Re: looking for reverse light switch and other prts

Postby goz_83 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Where are you based?

I've got original gear knob, but the leather is not perfect as you can imagine after years of use. I've got a centre console in next to perfect condition. I'm sure there is a CD player too and I'm almost certain I have the little storage box that connects to the console and goes under the CD player. I had an original backbox and twin pipes, but they've been chucked as another member wanted it, but never got back to me. I might have mirrors too, but I don't think I have the mirror glass. They would be silver and blue, so would need spraying. I would also have the original air box if needed. I don't have centre caps or headlights. I'm based in Dublin. You could have the lot for €120 collected. The gaitor comes with the console too.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby dan gr » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:40 pm

ye ill take the airbox also,are the mirrors working ok elec wise? Do u know where i cud get mirror glass? i might try a glass / mirror shop? Im in rathfarnham,will u take 100 for the lot?
dan gr
1st gear
1st gear

Postby goz_83 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:33 pm

dan gr wrote:ye ill take the airbox also,are the mirrors working ok elec wise? Do u know where i cud get mirror glass? i might try a glass / mirror shop? Im in rathfarnham,will u take 100 for the lot?

€100 collected is fine. I did a clear out recently, so will have to check on condition of the mirror units and be certain that they are still there. The motors work perfect on them. I removed from my 1st fto. I'm based in Donaghmede. I also have rear seat there you have for free if you want. They arein perfect nick, but i don't need them and will be chucking out otherwise. I'm recovering from a nasty bite of the winter vomiting bug, so I will check the mirrors when I can. Ebay is your friend for the mirror glass. Just search "fto breaking" and ask away.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:24 pm

OK. So, I had a bit of a root and I have the following:

*Passenger side mirror casing and motor section. The screws that hold the two parts together I didn't see, but they wouldn't be hard to replace.
*The cold air hose without filter box.
*The gear knob (that has been in the console storage box since I removed it).
*The full centre console surround, complete with console shelf and original leather gaitor.
And the best part....
*Original FTO mats is good condition, which I will throw in, because I can't find the other mirror, or the cd player right now, but if I do, i'll throw them in too.
More good news is that I found the mirror glass for the mirror I have, so you can have that too. You only need the drivers side mirror now, which will be easier and cheaper to source on its own, with glass included.

rear seats also accounted for.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby dan gr » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:25 pm

cheers mate,i have the air hose actually need the box,ill prob take rest,do u have the inner wheel plastic wheel arch covers? 0858271908
dan gr
1st gear
1st gear

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:10 am

dan gr wrote:cheers mate,i have the air hose actually need the box,ill prob take rest,do u have the inner wheel plastic wheel arch covers? 0858271908

I know I had the air-box, but it's disappeared. One won't be hard, or expensive to come by though. Gerry on here will certainly have one, and might even have mirror glass and the other mirror. Arch liners....well...lets just say they're not easy to find and next to impossible to find in good condition. They are also different for pre facelift and facelift models. Very important to get them, or you're asking for trouble with rust. Let me know when you want to take what I do have. It's all in a box now, ready for collection.

Ah feck it!!! I was sure the gear knob was in the car. Just checked and it wasn't. Now I have to go looking again. Why can't women just leave our organised chaos alone? :evil:

The last line is not a Queue for a certain track girl to respond to. I'm sure she has her very own chaotic system, as I do. My system was:
That sh1t over there is the car stuff and the rest is other sh1t I can find if i need it!
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to For Sale