wanted another fto

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

wanted another fto

Postby Daz » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:44 pm

Hi lads

over the past couple of weeks i have been looking for another fto preferably a low mileage manual, but that hasn't stopped me from looking at tiptronics thou. i must admit i have seen some dogs during this time, but i have seen some nice ones too, The one in mad cars in kilkenny is gone and this one from the buy&sell was a clean car if anyone is interested but it wasn't for me i'm afraid Mitsubishi 2L FTO GPX '95. Mivec V6, 24V, 200bhp, manual, a/c, all elec, burgundy, NCT 01/05, spoiler, excellent condition, Price: €7,900   Contact: 0862244130.

and just incase any of you were wondering would i be selling mine, yes i would be eventually but not till i striped out some of the goodies like the leather interior :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby CJ » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:58 pm

What about all this talk about all the money you've put into the car over the past few years etc etc ;)
Hope you pick up something decent anyhow, let us know how you get on.
You still thinking of swapping out the steering wheel by the way?

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daz » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:45 am

CJ wrote:What about all this talk about all the money you've put into the car over the past few years etc etc ;)
Hope you pick up something decent anyhow, let us know how you get on.
You still thinking of swapping out the steering wheel by the way?

Ciaran

Aye i have spent a ton of money on mine over the last few years but most of it can be swaped over to another one so that i won't lose out to much, and yes i still and going to swap out the steering wheel but deamon tweeks say they don't stock the one i want any more so i'm going looking else where at the mo.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby Dave » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:11 am

Daz,
where did you see that ad for the GPX manual?? i had a quick look in the buy and sell and didn't see it!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:22 am

Dave wrote:Daz,
where did you see that ad for the GPX manual?? i had a quick look in the buy and sell and didn't see it!

Just had a quick look it is still there on the buyandsell on the net it is the 10th ad down.
Daz

Postby Dave » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:56 am

got it now cheers... did you have a look at it or is it just the colour that turned you off?
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:10 pm

Dave wrote:got it now cheers... did you have a look at it or is it just the colour that turned you off?

No the colour i liked and the gearbox was real smooth and all in all it looked a decient car but there was just some things that personally didn't suit me (for eg. it was in compleetly standard form) but will probably be ok for someone else,
Daz

Postby Dave » Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:54 pm

i'm going to just check the insurance before i even consider making a call, the colour is perfect for me, i can take the kit from one stick it on the other and hey presto, i already have a buyer for my one, so an extra grand and i could have a GPX manual, with 18's and a kit, not bad considering!!!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:49 pm

Dave wrote:i'm going to just check the insurance before i even consider making a call, the colour is perfect for me, i can take the kit from one stick it on the other and hey presto, i already have a buyer for my one, so an extra grand and i could have a GPX manual, with 18's and a kit, not bad considering!!!

Yep i was considering the same thing moving across my kit and the 18's but then i'd also have to move the leather interior, lowered kit, stainless dash, stainless exhaust, redlight kit, strutts, brake discs ect, ect. i would just prefare one with at least some of that already done so i could at least leave some of that stuff on mine and help sell it.
Daz

Postby Dave » Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:39 pm

i rang yer man and it's luke, i met him at the mondello meet, i was going to go and have a look but decided that it wasn't a financially viable option, the insurance and then the all the little bits that it would cost in transfering the bits, ah i'll hold off for another year and get something special!!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:47 pm

Why is Luke selling then - he's only had the car for a short while ??
I thought he had some gearbox issues also - obviously he had them sorted in the meantime.
KC
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:50 am

i don't know, i wasn't talking to him personally, the girlfriend saw the ad and rang him. Daz was saying the gear change in it was really smooth.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:57 am

Dave wrote:Daz was saying the gear change in it was really smooth.

Obviously, he got it fixed then....
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Other Cars