Vibrations and juddered when under 40 mph

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Vibrations and juddered when under 40 mph

Postby 99casst » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi guys for past few weeks I have experienced some roughy motions from the clutch mainly judder and realise bearing is noisey, any way I fitted some tein super streets the other day first set coil overs I have ever bought so I may fitted wrong, the rear spring seats are seized so the rears are set to the highest settings and the front are 3 1/4 down, they have full camber adjusting top mounts and I do believe there is now movement in strut to hub for lower camber adjustment, what I am exsperincing us a juddery vibration when pulling of with a mild throttle response in all gears but mainly feel around 3.500 rpm, when I'm other say 50mph it not too bad, if I use a bit harsh throttle when pulling of and going thrue the gears it is still there but not so bad, any iders would be greatfull, my money is on transmission or aliment but befor I splash out it could be something as simple as a bearing as I can here a faint rumble on a dry day thanks again
Gpx mivec manual is the car
99casst
Speed freak
Speed freak

Re: Vibrations and juddered when under 40 mph

Postby Wagalini » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:42 am

The drop links might be loose and need replacing. The front left went on mine recently and caused vibrations.

Any small bit of play in them will be magnified by the torque while accelerating. Cheap part to fix.
Wagalini
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to FTO Technical