Lowering suspension - what effect on premiums?

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Lowering suspension - what effect on premiums?

Postby kevinod » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:25 pm

Guys,

something I'm just curious about for the moment, does lowering the suspension have an effect on your insurance premium?

Presumably it could be something the insurance company pulls you up on if you did claim and they inspected the car? or do they really care about lowering?

Kev.
kevinod

Postby steelroe » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:18 pm

I know most guys in the UK inform their insurer of any changes made to the car. But has anyone on here ever rang up and said "hey I have installed an inductio kit does that change my premium. Insurance is a little less relaxed herer in Ireland when it comes to things like that.
And it is noty going to make the car more powerful.
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Speedyboy » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:34 am

I know someone over here who checked with quinn and they said that body kits made no difference as they didnt change the performance of the car

The big thing about the FTO is that the assessor will not know the standard specification of the car. I had an assesor look at my car before and he never mentioned any of the modifications (although theres not too many)

I did notice on a website before that you cant get an online quote if the car has an aftermarket stereo or car phone
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Re: Lowering suspension - what effect on premiums?

Postby Kace » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:34 pm

kevinod wrote:Guys,

something I'm just curious about for the moment, does lowering the suspension have an effect on your insurance premium?
Kev.

You've got to be kidding. I'd like to see an insurer that could even tell the difference.
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Lowering suspension - what effect on premiums?

Postby Daz » Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:37 am

kevinod wrote:Guys,

Presumably it could be something the insurance company pulls you up on if you did claim and they inspected the car? or do they really care about lowering?

Kev.

Lowering or changing wheel size ect won't have an effect on your insurance i asked this question before, the answer they told me was that only modifications to the engine would affect my policy

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Return to Motor Insurance