Hi everybody

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Hi everybody

Postby J_K » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:15 pm

Joined there a few weeks ago but only got around to posting now.

I currently drive a 106 rallye (Don't ban me :oops: ) Selling it after christmas, looking about at stuff and the FTO has come up a few times now, always liked them though, probably stems back to this being one of my favourite cars ever in gran turismo :D

There's one for sale over the road from me back home that I'm gona send my father over to have a look at, In the mean time I'll probably spend my time here annoying ye asking stupid questions, Although its a great site and I've got most of the information I need already.

Thanks....
J_K
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Bernard » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:28 pm

Welcome aboard JK :smt006 , best of luck with the search.
What model FTO are you looking at?

On a side note, here's a thread you might like...http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6154
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby J_K » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:54 pm

I'm gona fit right in so :shock: I'll just get my coat now shall I :lol:

Nice bit of an arguement there, never even seen it and I'm over on that forum too, guess I won't tell them my plans so.

I don't actually know what model it is, I'm probably looking at a GR or a GX, Unless a Mivec comes up cheap. I'm not pushed about the box, nearly prefer the auto/tip as I do so much boring long distance driving.

P.S. Don't ever write off a 106 as being slow, although they are, the handling is fantastic though. :twisted: Pity its breaks every other week though.
J_K
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Bernard » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:04 pm

Take a look on carzone, there's a good few for sale at the moment.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sebastian » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:49 pm

make a few quotes before u buy an fto . try quinn , eagle star ..

& BTW .. Wellcome
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Muad_dib77 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:12 am

Hey J_K -

Welcome to the board.

Nice to see a pug owner wanting an FTO :-D
I hope you'll find all the information you need here - they guy are usually very happy to help.
Before splashing out on an FTO though you should test drive both a manual and a tip - they are quite different to drive (IMO - NOI).
Personally I'd only get a TIP if I was doing lots of city driving (start-stop-wait-repeat) - but it's an age old debate at this stage..It really is down to the individual.

Good luck & happy huntin'
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby Marie » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:44 am

Hey Welcome :smt039
When you're good, you're good....... but when you're great you're ME
Marie
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Postby J_K » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:32 pm

Thanks for the welcomes.

I'm in college in Limerick and drive home to wexford most weekends, which means driving through loads of boring traffic and getting stuck in loads of little towns. Most of the time I wish I'd an automatic, that and I'm lazy :lol:

I'm 20 at the moment so nobody will touch me on insurance but I'll be the big 21 in feb and quinn will give me a decent quote then so thats not a worry either.
J_K
1st gear
1st gear

Postby elaine » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:12 pm

Welcome :D
elaine

Re: Hi everybody

Postby Daz » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:57 am

J_K wrote:Joined there a few weeks ago but only got around to posting now.

I currently drive a 106 rallye (Don't ban me :oops: )

Thanks....

A ha so one has finally reared it's head on here :twisted: .... nah just messing with ya kid, welcome to the forum, as you can see we have had slight differing of opinion between fto and 106 rallye owners..... :roll: urhum i hear someone say ok me and 106 rallye owners :D nothing personal ofcourse infact i quite enjoyed the banter but they took it away from me and shut up :lol:

Anyway good luck in finding the fto you want, but be weary of several thing
1) your insurance will go up and i imagine since your in college your youngish so i guess by quite a bit.
2) running costs will increase compared to the 106 (as a student that might get tight o the auld finances.
3) take some lead out of your right foot you won't need to push it as hard less chance of gettin points and increasing you insurance even more.
4) Beware of jealousy, park on of these baby's in a college car park your liable to get some k*** h**d wanting to bring you down a peg or 2 and scratch up the paintwork.

I am by no means trying to put you off buying an FTO far from it as the positives far outweigh the negatives mentioned above, just wanted you to be fully prepared for what could and i stress the word could lay ahead. Anyway goodluck and happy motoring.

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby J_K » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:52 pm

If you ever want to annoy the owners of old peugeots just point out the fact that they do spend nearly as much time fixing them as driving them :lol:

None of that'd really put me off though, I'd rather put up with all that than drive a boring car. :wink: I'm a bit special like that :D
J_K
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Daz » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:11 am

J_K wrote:
None of that'd really put me off though, I'd rather put up with all that than drive a boring car. :wink: I'm a bit special like that :D

Well you have come to the right place so :)

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Return to Introduce yourself