Bright Orange GPX Donaghmede

Spotted an FTO on the road recently? Post times and locations here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bright Orange GPX Donaghmede

Postby goz_83 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:20 am

Was in Pharmacy in Donaghmede and saw orange FTO flying by and going into the shopping centre. Looks in good shape. Lots back on the road sooner than I thought Karl. George did a great job. How will the light bulbs be changed with the bumper fused to the wings though?
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Bright Orange GPX Donaghmede

Postby goz_83 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Seen it today at GVD AUTOS.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mivecrx » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:36 am

If GVD AUTOS done the body work then the should have lined up the front correctly. Wouldn't rate them if they turn out work like that!
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby goz_83 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:01 am

It was up to get some finishing touches i was told. I wouldn't have got the bumpers blended into the body like that. I can't see it lasting, but if the customer asks....

Not my cup of tea, but there is some serious bling off the paint.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mivecrx » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:42 pm

goz_83 wrote:It was up to get some finishing touches i was told. I wouldn't have got the bumpers blended into the body like that. I can't see it lasting, but if the customer asks....

The bonnet is a mile out and looks like the wings and bumper can't be adjusted.

Not my style either but good to see, shows the owner really likes this fto and went all out.
mivecrx

Postby goz_83 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:46 am

mivecrx wrote:
goz_83 wrote:It was up to get some finishing touches i was told. I wouldn't have got the bumpers blended into the body like that. I can't see it lasting, but if the customer asks....

The bonnet is a mile out and looks like the wings and bumper can't be adjusted.

Not my style either but good to see, shows the owner really likes this fto and went all out.

Well the car was quite badly damaged, so it's not surprising it needs a bit more of a tweek. It looks much worse off in the photo i have to say. Maybe it's missing the bumper support bar, which would explain the dip and sag. Not sure how it'll be adjusted, but i am sure it'll be managed. I would be more worried about any little tip cracking open the blended sections. My own car has been the victim of many car park idiots.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Spotted