Wanted fto

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Wanted fto

Postby mivecrx » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi, as above looking to buy an fto versionR if anyone is selling or would consider selling one, i have a white mivec lancer i would swap or p/x or i'll just straight buy, would like a white fto but if car is very clean it wouldn't matter.
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Re: Wanted fto

Postby goz_83 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:40 pm

Is it just an fto with the vr spoiler you want? That would broaden your search.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:48 pm

I wouldn't get hung up on the vR thing, in my opinion you lose more than you gain with one over a GPX.
Have a read up on the differences before you make a decision.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby goz_83 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:48 am

Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mivecrx » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Yeah it's the vR spoiler and seats i like, but i would consider a gpx if its real nice and must be facelift.
mivecrx

Postby goz_83 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:22 pm

OK, that opens up a bigger shopping market for you. Both vr spoilers and facelift bumpers can be added later if you wanted, but it's better if you find a facelift to begin with. I think Ottostreet on here has both a faceleft bumper and vr spoiler for sale, meaning you could pick up a less expensive fto and have the parts added. Also, if you don't mind losing 30BHP, you could go for a GR, or GX, which gives you more options. There are mutters of the fto 94 models possibly hitting classic status in 2014, so that might be worth looking at. You can pick up a 94 fto GR for €500 and less. Get the spoiler and bumper from Otto at circa €150-€200 (cant remember asking price). Get them put on and sprayed for another €€250(ish). The seats you can add later when a pair show up and you have a lovely fto with the possibility of classic insurance in 2 years. Considering how difficult and expensive fto insurance is, you might seriously consider your options here. A GR is a great fto too, but you might be set on the extra horses, I don't know.

Jayod on here also has a facelift bumper for sale, bumped today

http://fto-ireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13530
Last edited by goz_83 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mivecrx » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Well i no what you mean because it's so hard find them, i definitely don't want a non-mivec fto and would prefer to buy a facelift model than change the bumper on a pre-facelift, versionR seem hard to get so i could just put the vR spoiler on a gpx and are the vR seats hard to get??
mivecrx

Postby goz_83 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:27 pm

They come up for sale from time to time. The recaro seats are easy enough to get though. There is a manual mivec for sale on done deal for €650. Could get for less. It has no tax, test and has an oil leak. With some money pumped into it, and adding the facelift bumper and spoiler, you will have a very desirable car. It's nice to pick one up all nice and shiny, but it could save you heaps if you do it the other way. A manual mivec is hard enough to find.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:01 pm

goz_83 wrote:The recaro seats are easy enough to get though.

Which ones would they be then?
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby goz_83 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:06 pm

Bernard wrote:
goz_83 wrote:The recaro seats are easy enough to get though.

Which ones would they be then?

They're often enough for sale on ebay. Considered them myself before deciding on trims instead. Wasn't someone here selling a pair recently?
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:09 pm

FTOs never came with Recaro seats.
If they did it would have made the job of fitting my ones a lot easier.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby goz_83 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:33 pm

What was I looking at then? When I first got the fto, I just typed fto into ebay and I often saw recaro seats in the search. Ah well, I won't lose any sleep over it. Must be just the way it was listed. Maybe if I had of looked at them, it would have said "adjustments required for fitting".
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby brccrx » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:44 am

Maybe get GP auto as this would be the cheap one and 4g92 it :mrgreen:
Then get all paper work sorted for 1.6 as it would be whats in it!
4.6 manual box will do the job, suspension swap-cheap and easy, thats the way i wanted to do mine when i was thinking of FTO before, now i got in love with V6 and auto gearbox :oops:
Cant see much of an weight difference over Mirage Mivec but the look of an FTO mmmm........ :)
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby goz_83 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:25 am

brccrx wrote:Maybe get GP auto as this would be the cheap one :)

You should always look at the date of the last post :mrgreen:
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby brccrx » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:38 pm

I did! Just after posting the reply :lol:

I know this lad, hes still after FTO, but since back then he had a few other Mivecs and im finishing his white RS atm!

Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby mivecrx » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:38 pm

I'm still planning to buy one but every time I end up with another mirage!
I would like a manual gpVr or gpx faclift but the way fto's are now it seems I'd have to buy a different model or pre-faclift and turn it into the car I want.
mivecrx

Postby brccrx » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:16 pm

I think that would work if U can get something cheap, but cheap always mean some issues so better to wait and get the one U want for a bit more money (this might save U money in longer run 8) )
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby mivecrx » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:35 pm

Yeah that's the plan now to wait for something real nice to pop up but it's never too often one does.
mivecrx

Postby mivecrx » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:34 pm

Still looking, anyone got something manual and facelift? would consider clean pre-facelift.
mivecrx

Return to For Sale