97 Manual GPX withdrawn

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

97 Manual GPX withdrawn

Postby goz_83 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:06 pm

:cry:

OK, so here's the deal. I have no intention of advertising this anywhere else. I love this car and if it doesn't sell to a club member, or someone I know, I am storing it. I think I am being realistic when I say this is one of the best minded FTOs in Ireland, with thousands spent on her in the 2+ years I have had the pleasure of driving. Here is the full thread on most of the work done => viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13627

97 GPX Manual in custom blue. Excellent condition.
Painted Calipers Blue.
Electric Sun roof.
Alarm.
Custom Quad Exhaust from cat back. Also have decat pipe to throw in.
17" Kahns with fresh boots.
Delocked boot-lid.
Flush bumper (no ugly block for registration plate).
Tinted windows.
Tinted tail lights and repeaters. Body colour indicators and fogs.
HID kit 8000k. (needs to be reinstalled. removed for nct).
Gas bonnet lifters.
Slam Panel.
Easy release oil change valve.
Silicone Intake, coolant and spray jet pipes.
Front strut brace. Also have rear strut brace to go with car, never installed.
Apex lowering springs.
drilled and grooved brake discs all round. Green stuff pads.
Steel cone induction kit. Cold air feed.
Blue footwell leds.
Ralli Art pedals.
EL Dial clocks. Chrome needle cups and rings.
Real black leather seats with fto logo.
Custom heavy duty fto mats in blue.
DVD player.
Engine Start button (needs to be connected. Never bothered wiring it up)
Custom led gear knob.

Taxed til end of April. NCT expired, but have results of how well it did at end of Feb.
Undersealed in 2012.
Terracleaned in 2012.
Top mounts and front shocks replaced in 2012.
Full cambelt kit, seals and w/pump and starter replaced in 2011/12.
I change the engine oil with Motul every couple of thousand kilometres. All other fluids have been changed in 2012.
NCT results at end of February were excellent, but failed on corrosion to driver front brake line and HID lights. Retested a couple of days ago with normal lights and they passed. No work was done on the brake lines, because mechanics said there was no corrosion and only a rust discolouration. They say this would pass if tested from scratch again and that it should have passed. They recommended cleaning the rusted area, letting the retest date expire and rebook fresh test. That's everything I can think of right now....OH and it has a GPS & GSM tracker installed, which will just need a new sim card and to be topped up once every 6 months to keep sim active.

I will drive until tax expires, or until someone pays the asking price. If not sold, I will be storing. Call for price.

Difficulty in storage and a need for a more practical car at the moment are my only reason for offering the car for sale.

Gary (083)3351304

[url=http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/goz83/media/Facebook/fto/IMG_0629.jpg.html][img]
Last edited by goz_83 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: 97 Manual GPX

Postby brccrx » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:56 pm

Dont meant to sound rude or anything but U must be kidding me that U want to sell this car!!!
Theres no better owner for it by fair lol
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby goz_83 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:27 pm

brccrx wrote:Dont meant to sound rude or anything but U must be kidding me that U want to sell this car!!!
Theres no better owner for it by fair lol

I absolutely don't want to sell it, but I need a more family friendly car at the moment and space for storing is a big issue too. After a few conversations with the other half, I have decided on this course of action. I am only looking to spend around 2k on a 318, or a Mondeo and I have that money set aside, so I don't need to sell the fto, but again....it comes down to storage. I know it's worth lot more than I am asking, but I also know that asking for what I think I should be asking for would make it a pointless task to advertise it. If a club member buys it, I know it will be taken care of.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mivecrx » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:36 pm

Well.....what to say :shock:
Best of luck with the sale and don't buy a mondeo :p
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby Sebastian » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:56 am

pity you have to sell , I hate the phrase ''I need a more practical car'' it happens to all of us ...
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Bartpabicz » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:16 pm

Goz, the car looks... stunning. Could I ask for the mileage? Also, the second picture is not showing correctly
have you seen Zeitgeist The Movie? You should...
Bartpabicz
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:21 pm

Bartpabicz wrote:Goz, the car looks... stunning. Could I ask for the mileage? Also, the second picture is not showing correctly

181k klms. Oil changed at 180k. The 2 pictures were just copied from recent pics on the thread I linked.

Also worth watching is the dyno day meet in 2012. My car is at 2mins and results are at 7:25.
From Youtube.com
[/quote]
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:00 pm

Sebastian wrote:pity you have to sell , I hate the phrase ''I need a more practical car'' it happens to all of us ...

Nah - doesn't have to, however when you get 2 kids it helps if your wife also has a car.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:52 pm

Kace wrote:
Sebastian wrote:pity you have to sell , I hate the phrase ''I need a more practical car'' it happens to all of us ...

Nah - doesn't have to, however when you get 2 kids it helps if your wife also has a car.

Yeah, I have FOUR kids. The wife drives the Zafira. It only becomes a problem when I am unable to collect the four of them because I can only fit 3 of them into the fto. I've gotten away with it for this long, but it's a bit of a pain. I'm just glad I am not in a position where I am forced to sell it. I don't mind driving around in a 12 year old 3 series, or x-type jag worth around 2k. The danger is what I might spend customising it :shock:
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:29 pm

4 !!! I don't know how you have managed to keep it this long. Fair play to your wife for putting up with it this long !! ;-)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby ottostreet » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:09 am

If you simply must sell this car (and I really hope you don't), why not look to the UK? From speaking with owners over there, they reckon you should get 3-4k relatively easily for a good example like this.
ottostreet
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby goz_83 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:49 am

ottostreet wrote:If you simply must sell this car (and I really hope you don't), why not look to the UK? From speaking with owners over there, they reckon you should get 3-4k relatively easily for a good example like this.

Call me sentimental, but I just wanted to be sure it was going somewhere it would be well minded. It was never about getting the most cash possible. But I think I will be keeping it and storing it for a while instead. I have a bit of planning to do if that's what i'm gonna do. So no, it's not a "must sell".
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kerosene » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:00 pm

Hi Goz have you some more pics of it?
kerosene
1st gear
1st gear

Postby goz_83 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:48 pm

kerosene wrote:Hi Goz have you some more pics of it?

They're all in the thread linked in the first post.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: 97 Manual GPX withdrawn

Postby goz_83 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:12 am

Very surprised this wasn't snapped up straight away. I know I would have been all over a deal like this. Only 2 people showed real interest, but alas, the car is still in my possession. I have decided that I just can't let it go. I have spent too much money getting this car the way it is and I love it too much, so I will be storing it. I just haven't figured out where I am storing it.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby RatherBeDean » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Gary if you're looking for something short term I could ask a friend about using the underground car park in his apartment block, PM me if it sounds feasible.
RatherBeDean
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby goz_83 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:35 am

RatherBeDean wrote:Gary if you're looking for something short term I could ask a friend about using the underground car park in his apartment block, PM me if it sounds feasible.

Thanks Dean. I have that option at my old mans apartment block, which I am considering.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:34 am

Sounds good to me chaps. I had to go to the trouble of storing mine down in Galway for the winter. However now excited about collecting in April and getting back on the road.
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby RatherBeDean » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:31 pm

goz_83 wrote:
RatherBeDean wrote:Gary if you're looking for something short term I could ask a friend about using the underground car park in his apartment block, PM me if it sounds feasible.

Thanks Dean. I have that option at my old mans apartment block, which I am considering.

Alternatively I could enquire about a private garage going unused in a family home. No promises that I wont occasionally sit in the driver seat and make revving noises though.
RatherBeDean
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby goz_83 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:35 pm

RatherBeDean wrote:
goz_83 wrote:

No promises that I wont occasionally sit in the driver seat and make revving noises though.

:lol:

Cheers.

Looks like I will be putting her into my dads under ground car park. It won't be for another couple of weeks though. I will topping up the gps tracker and setting it up so that I would receive a text if:

a) the car moves
b) the car leaves the car park

I may remove the wheels and put her on blocks. I will be removing the steering wheel and some other components to prevent theft. I am sure there is cctv pointing to where I am parking it, so that is some extra comfort for me. She will be given a good clean and will be covered over.

I read somewhere that it was a good idea to put cotton sheets over the paint before covering with a car cover, to protect he paint. Does that sound like a good idea? I would have thought the sheets would become moist over time and actually potentially damage the paint.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to For Sale