my Toyota Chaser

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

my Toyota Chaser

Postby Chris_Heilong » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:12 pm

I went looking for a Skyline and ended up buying a Chaser, wanted a 4 door RWD Turbo and the R34 just wasnt it. SO I spent about 2 months trying to find the right car and this is the one I ended up getting, pictures just arrived today, I have asked for a factory from lip and side-skirts to be installed as well as clear indicators.
Last edited by Chris_Heilong on Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Re: my Toyota Chaser

Postby goz_83 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:20 pm

They're nearly the same wheels I had on the Mazda Bongo a couple years back.

Aside from that, it's a gem Chris. What rims you putting on her?
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:29 pm

savage car , was it complicated to find the right one ?
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Chris_Heilong » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:30 pm

Sebastian wrote:savage car , was it complicated to find the right one ?

No, just time consuming. waiting for one to come up in the right colour, low enough mileage, making sure its Turbo(the non turbo ones go for peanuts and the turbo ones can sell for big money) when ever I found one that I wanted we where usually out bid, but sometimes the ones you think would make huge money sold for under our budget, in the end we approached one of the sellers before the auction started and made him an offer. He accepted.

@Gary, lol I almost laughed up my drink when I saw that picture of your van, they do look more or less the same, I will wait to see them in the flesh first as my wallet is gonna suffer, just fired over another €620 there to cover the new parts and fitting.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong

Postby Chris_Heilong » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:38 pm

The update is it is at port in Japan awaiting the arrival of the ship to Ireland, should arrive 1 month later, have gotten front lip installed and side skirts from a white car. indicators were out of stock so will need the posted over to me. would be nice to have gotten the rear spoiler but it was the least important and I will source one from the UK at a latter stage. oh and the interior......well em....I can live with it.
Last edited by Chris_Heilong on Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:42 pm

Looks very 1985 interior wise, but i like it.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby MY-JAP-MISTRESS » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:05 am

from some pics it looks very like a merc
MY-JAP-MISTRESS
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Mick ah » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Have to say, the car's exterior doesn't really appeal to me much. I love the interior though.

However, It'd be nice to see it on the road. It'll be fairly unique on Irish roads.

Something to break up the monotony of all the boring cars most Irish people drive.

Fancy sharing the specs?
Mick ah
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Wagalini » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:47 am

Nice car Chris, well wear!

Yes, the specs :D
Wagalini
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Sebastian » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:55 am

is it here yet ?

how much are you selling it for :mrgreen:
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Chris_Heilong » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:28 pm

its on the boat over, only got conformation yesterday, as far as spec goes nothing has been said about whats under the hood except for its a single Turbo 1JZ-GTE engine putting out 280 hp and 379 newton metres (280 lbf·ft) at 2400 rpm. The wheels are 18" work Eurolines. I will have to wait for it to arrive before I know more.
Chris_Heilong

Postby Mick ah » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:05 pm

That is a serious amount of power at such low revs. I'm very impressed.

I reckon she'll be a savage drive.
Mick ah
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby mivecrx » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:45 am

Tasty car lad, I think the wheels let it down big time but the car itself is very nice and not the usual kitted chaser.
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby Chris_Heilong » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Got my Chaser, not happy at all. The car was stripped of all the body kit I got put on, they robbed the sideskirts, the front lip, my rear spoiler and they also took them seat covers, worst part is they cut the seat belts in the back of the car and pulled out the fittings, so that is an automatic fail for the road safety test here in Ireland. I am emailing the shipping companies now and got the guys at the docks to reluctantly sign a docket saying that these items were missing when I came to pick up my car, dont know what to do about the seat belts, there is like only 10 chasers in the whole country.
Chris_Heilong

Postby TopCat » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Oh man, that's unbelievable!! Gutted for you. The seats in particular were savage! Hope you can get some kind of resolution with the shipping company!
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Kace » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Jesus that is unreal. Surely someone must be accountable for you car arriving with half of it missing ???
Have you contacted the seller - or did they not organise the shipping ?
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:37 pm

they said I should be contacting the company that brought it into Ireland, Problem is it can easily be a blame game where one company blames the other, I need video or photo evidence damn it. I have the car, which is the main thing, but more than 700 euro of kit has gone missing and they damaged the seatbelts in the back which is going to cause me a real headache to fix.
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:55 am

That's a real downer Chris. Scum bags really. The responsible party would be the one who received a whole car and handed over half a car. Get the dots joined somehow. Maybe some other toyota seat belts are the same type?
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Other Cars