Reverse?!

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Reverse?!

Postby emuswa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:28 pm

I know I found a guid one time when I was googling guides but I can't seam to find it now. My reverse isn't working now. I can get it to the point where it holds the car in place but not to get it to I engage. It is a manual 95 GPX it only has 93000 mils on it so I'm hopping not to have to change the whole gearbox but if it's not too much I will. I remember reading something about a spring going wrong often and would cause the issue I have and the reverse lights stoped working a little while ago if that's related but I think that the switch in the gear box went bad. Anyone have any ideas?
emuswa
1st gear
1st gear

Re: Reverse?!

Postby Daz » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:44 pm

Sounds like just a bit if wear not terminal what you'll find is if you try to select reverse and it won't go in. Pop it back into first and move it forward an inch then try selecting reverse, you should find it being able to select
Daz
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby DUTCHREDGPX » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi,

Youre gearbox has its own ECU aswell, maybe the gearbox ECU causes this problem.
I heard about it before.
Do you hear the beep sound?
Loud pipes, save lives
DUTCHREDGPX

Postby Daz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:05 pm

DUTCHREDGPX wrote:Hi,

Youre gearbox has its own ECU aswell, maybe the gearbox ECU causes this problem.
I heard about it before.
Do you hear the beep sound?

I could be wrong but i thought only the tiptronic gearbox had a seperate ecu. I don't think the manual gearbox does.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Return to FTO Technical