WANTED: Windscreen in perfect condition.

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

WANTED: Windscreen in perfect condition.

Postby goz_83 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:34 pm

The d/side of my windscreen has scuff marks, which were caused at some stage, I assume by the wiper arm scraping the window. There are also a couple of little minor chips, which wouldn't bother me, but the scuffs do get on my nerves. I won't be looking for a new windscreen, so was wondering if anyone has one in perfect condition, or if anyone knows if my windscreen can be repaired, so that I can't see the scuffs, that would be even better.

I will also be in need of d/side rear disc heat shield....possible on the p/side too...have to check. The d/side one is badly rusted and has a gash ripped out from rust.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: WANTED: Windscreen in perfect condition.

Postby StewyD32 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Get wind screen cover on your insurance cover and just replace it.
I doesn't effect your insurance or no claims. Think its just €10 extra on your policy
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby goz_83 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:38 pm

Yeah, I just didn't wanna be dishonest about it. I should add the cover I suppose.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby StewyD32 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Get a stone an f*ck it at your window
It's classed as stone damage :mrgreen:

Anyway nowhere does it say you can't preplace a perfectly good wind screen
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby goz_83 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:44 pm

I may already have it. will have to check. I am fully comp, but with Quinn....it means very little.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:04 pm

When I was with Quinn, I just called out a mobile window repair place, I had windscreen cover and they just took down my policy number replaced the window and that was that, no extras on my policy and still had my NCB.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby goz_83 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:14 pm

I don't have w/screen cover. Its an extra with Quinn. I am usually fully comp with other insurers and w/scree cover is standard most of the time. With Quinn, it's not and I have to wait for renewal to get the cover. I would have the cover even if my screen was perfect, but unfortunately I don't have the cover. Had it on the van with Axa last year. The screen was in need of some tlc, so I called the window repair place and they then advised I get the screen replaced, rather than cover up the chips, which was cost prohibitive. I only had to pay the VAT, which I claimed back anyway :)
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Why don't you see if they will just polish out - they are probably just superficial marks and not deep scratches.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:34 pm

They're deep enough to not be polished out and cover most of the the way down the drivers side of the screen. The other little chip marks around the screen are a bit annoying. I'm sure i'm the only one that sees them, but knowing they're there is enough.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby holio » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:04 pm

My old e36 bmw had a windscreen like that, driving on a summers evening was a nightmare if you were going to be driving in the direction of the sun. Was like the windscreen was filthy but it wasn't.
In the end someone put a brick through the window which was fairly lucky for me as I had exhausted all routes to repairing it.
You can polish glass but scratches you can feel with your nail can't be buffed out.
The ONLY 95GR in shocking red with these specific faults.
holio
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby holio » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:11 pm

Also, I tried getting a new windscreen for my e36, can't remember but was in or around the 600 euro mark.
For some reason I was never able to find a second hand one but with new fto's being broken monthly you should hopefully find one.
The ONLY 95GR in shocking red with these specific faults.
holio
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:30 pm

It's not something I need to rush. I will get the windscreen cover when renewing. I might get the window replaced before that, but if not, I will call the repair guys to see what can be done.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to For Sale