02 triumph daytona sport995i

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

02 triumph daytona sport995i

Postby crayzidane » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:26 pm

Does anyone know what there worth, because I was offered a trade of it.
Any info welcome thanks
I'd rather be hated for what I am,
than loved for what Im not.
crayzidane
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: 02 triumph daytona sport995i

Postby Sebastian » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:45 am

I asked a friend who owns a Busa' . He reckons around 3-4 k but it all depends on what state it is
check the www i'd say.
Are you into Bikes?
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby crayzidane » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:17 am

Tanx Seb, he keeps saying its mint but I havnt seen it, he contacted me by phone i asked him for spec but all he sent me was the aftermarket parts hes got and its
got a service ,taxed oh and its mint aparently
crayzidane
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby paul2508 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:18 am

crayzidane wrote:Tanx Seb, he keeps saying its mint but I havnt seen it, he contacted me by phone i asked him for spec but all he sent me was the aftermarket parts hes got and its
got a service ,taxed oh and its mint aparently
any pics? is it up on the net anywhere
...Me fail english?..Thats unpossible.....
paul2508
FTO-Ireland rules my world
FTO-Ireland rules my world

Postby crayzidane » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:27 am

Asked but its not on the net it should look like this http://www.bikez.com/pictures/large.php?image=../pictures/triumph/2002/20122_0_4_4_daytona%20955i_Andy.jpg
but he didnt say wat color it is or milage
crayzidane
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dragonheart » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:37 am

Sort of has the back end of an Aprilla doesn't it? Nice looking bike, how does it rate up there with bike owners compared to the likes of Hondas, Suzukis, etc.? Theres a few bike heads on here I think I'm sure one of them would know a bit about them. The 955 is hardly cc is it?
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby crayzidane » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 am

Yea just under 1L done a bit of search on the net and it looks like some sort of racing or sports bike
crayzidane
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby crayzidane » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:41 am

Dragonheart wrote:Theres a few bike heads on here I think I'm sure one of them would know a bit about them.

Thats what im hoping for :)
crayzidane
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dragonheart » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:05 am

You driven a bike before? Cause, maybe just a personal thing, but if it was my first bike I wouldn't get anything more than 250cc unless it was a cruiser, (Harley, Intruder, that sort of thing), plus the fact that anyone into bikes will tell you, you will take a few falls in the first few months so better to start with something that you dont really plan on holding onto or keeping 'mint'. And theres the insurance thing too, though I think its done on wattage now so not sure how that pans out.
I was looking into getting something like this before but so many lads who are big into bikes that I knew were telling me the above. In the end I decided to wait till I have a bit of experience on a bike and then it'll be a cruiser type one. (Plus herself reckons I'll kill myself on a sports bike and is dead set against me getting one, I'm still fighting that battle.) :D
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Baldrick » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:58 pm

Check the model. As far as I know, the first attempt at this model was known as the 595i and after much needed improvements was re-branded the 955i (which made more sense as it's a 955cc engine). Avoid if it's the 595i... too heavy and lacking in power. This was Triumph's attempt to challenge the Jap super sports, mainly Honda Fireblade and Suzuki GSXR. They're fairly highly regarded on the Biker.ie forums, but the Jap bikes have the edge (I'm a bit biased here as I've a Fireblade). Parts aren't easy to get and are fairly pricey, by all accounts.

As far as price, it's hard to say in this climate. There was a '99 one for sale on Biker.ie last summer for €3,300. Just before Christmas it had dropped to €1,500.

This is a very fast and powerful machine. I agree with Dragonheart... if you don't have a lot of experience on bikes, this is not one to learn on. They're also rated at the top (13) in the insurance league, so will be expensive to insure.
Growing old is mandatory... Growing up is optional.
Baldrick
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby crayzidane » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Thanks lads,
Baldrick thats what I thought, im intreted in getting into bikes and wanted something looking like this but its just way too much of a bike for me, and id rather have a car, and a bike for the od sunny weekend or touring around. Nice bike all the same but 4500 is overpriced imo
crayzidane
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Off Topic