Car Throttle Article

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Car Throttle Article

Postby Sebastian » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:01 pm

10 Incredible Cars You Can Buy For Only £1000

http://www.carthrottle.com/10-incredibl ... only-1000/

Although the FTO was only sold officially in Britain very late on in its life, there are plenty of grey imports around, and while caution should be exercised when buying these, they do offer an awful lot on a very small budget. You get a throaty 2.0-litre V6 engine with 197bhp, and a pert, attractive body that hides a decent chassis too. With similar, officially-imported cars from other manufacturers now going for far more cash, a good one could prove great value.
Pros: Bankable reliability, pace, looks
Cons: Most are grey imports

no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Re: Car Throttle Article

Postby Mick ah » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:35 pm

The fact that they're mostly grey imports shouldn't bother people.

As with buying any car it's about getting it checked out before handing over the cash.

They wouldn't be in the article though if getting insurance on them was easy :lol:
Mick ah
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby goz_83 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:50 am

Mick ah wrote:The fact that they're mostly grey imports shouldn't bother people.

As with buying any car it's about getting it checked out before handing over the cash.

They wouldn't be in the article though if getting insurance on them was easy :lol:

By "grey", they were only referring to the uk market. The uk sold a limited amount of ftos via official dealers and these UK cars (even though they were of course made on the same line as the grey imports) are actually much easier to insure. They are not considered jap imports. I reckon one or two of them are right here in the ROI and the owners dont even know it. The difference is on the logbook. The imports say 1990cc and the uk ones say 1999cc.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mick ah » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Didn't know that at all

I'll keep an eye out if I ever get my hands on another one
Mick ah
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Return to General FTO Discussion