Hit & Run!

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Hit & Run!

Postby goz_83 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:22 pm

So the title is a bit dramatic, but i'm really pissed off.

Car parked in Baldoyle yesterday afternoon at the swimming pool. The wife had the car for the day. Silver Family wagon parked in front she said. Wagon was gone when she came out of swimming. I'm told this morning about a big scratch on the drivers door. So there is a big long scratch on the drivers door and plenty of scuffs and silver paint left behind. Do you think there was a note? Of course not. There is no way anyone could not have known they hit the car. Scumbag! I hate when people do this. It's the second time since I got a full respray last year. The whole door will need to be repainted and a dent you can't see in the photo will need to be pulled, or filled.

Last edited by goz_83 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Hit & Run!

Postby Kace » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Damn - bloody annoying alright, especially after the time and money you have spent. I wonder were there swimming lessons on? If so I would be straight back there same time next week - good chance she'll be there.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Kace wrote:Damn - bloody annoying alright, especially after the time and money you have spent. I wonder were there swimming lessons on? If so I would be straight back there same time next week - good chance she'll be there.

Yeah, there was. The OH had the kids swimming. I told her to look out for the same car again and get snaps of the blue paint on it, because I too thought it had to have been a woman. You said it first though. Wasn't it a woman that damaged the A5? At least she left a note with management. I won't be able to leave it like that. I will have to get the door resprayed. I reposted the pic, as it didn't show earlier for some reason. It doesnt look as bad in the photo, but it's really a nasty one.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:52 pm

with the snow recently you wouldn't want any of that salt or grit the put on the road anywhere near that scratch, it would rust over night. real crap of some people to just run.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Kace » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:17 pm

goz_83 wrote:
Kace wrote:Damn - bloody annoying alright, especially after the time and money you have spent. I wonder were there swimming lessons on? If so I would be straight back there same time next week - good chance she'll be there.

Yeah, there was. The OH had the kids swimming. I told her to look out for the same car again and get snaps of the blue paint on it, because I too thought it had to have been a woman. You said it first though. Wasn't it a woman that damaged the A5? At least she left a note with management. I won't be able to leave it like that. I will have to get the door resprayed. I reposted the pic, as it didn't show earlier for some reason. It doesnt look as bad in the photo, but it's really a nasty one.

I was hit twice last year in Bewley's carpark. Once in FTO, once in A5. Both women but in fairness both owned up and paid out. I only charged the woman who hit the FTO €20 for touch up paint as I have plenty of small scratches so it would not have been fair to have her pay for a respray.

Not the same in your case.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to General FTO Discussion