Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

A forum dedicated to quick Japanese motors

Moderator: Moderators

Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

Postby soc » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:47 pm

Ok, so CJ really put this idea in my head - anyone know anything about them - every driven one?

What I (think I) know is, 280bhp, 4 wheel drive, full leather as option, has manual or tip box......
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:03 pm

i think they look good, well the picture of the one you posted up earlier i thought was nice, plus they are cheap on insurance :wink:
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:51 pm

shane wrote:Ok, so CJ really put this idea in my head - anyone know anything about them - every driven one?

What I (think I) know is, 280bhp, 4 wheel drive, full leather as option, has manual or tip box......

Have driven one before - nice big comfortable car - not very good looking - think large Impreza WRX - only not really as fast or as good handling - if you're gonna go down this road then you might as well go STI Type RA - Drove a modded one recently that was just in from Japan - OMG!! - I would loose my licence inside 10mins - manic acceleration - don't know what power it had but I would have guessed 350BHP plus - in a lightened scooby shell - had uprated brakes and coilovers - aluminium bonnet etc - had a full aftermarket exhaust from manifold back and sounded horrific!

If you want the looks of the FTO and an improvement on performance than I'm afraid you are stuck with an RX7 or maybe the new Integra DC5.

Still think a 98+ Version R is the best way to go though - and you get something to talk about on the forum. Try ringing Paul in Yomac cars - www.yomac.net - they seem to have some good Jap ctcs - he brought in a 98 RS spec Roadster for me earlier this year - pristine condition - he can send you on photos of whats on auction and you take your pick of what you want to bid on - yes you're gonna have a bit of a wait - but it will give you time to sell the present machine.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:04 pm

Forgot to mention - if you want to stay "Mitsubitchy" and also go mivec theres always the Pajero EVO - 3.5litre Mivec - 276BHP - and what a looker - think Paris-Dakar rally - Stainless Steel sump guard - Widened arches - Evo interior.
Probably faster in a straight line than the FTO Mivec - have a mate trying to get one in at present - the best route is actually the UK but for 20K euros (inc VRT etc) you can get a very clean 98-99 model. You should check the www.autotrader.co.uk website - theres a few on there - recently test drove one in London - very quick - though doesn't have the turbo kick (obviously) you would expect from a high power 4x4. Very good handling for a 4x4 though - and you'd certainly be different - I've yet to see one in Ireland - I bet the insurance would be cheaper than an FTO as well as the insurance companies wouldn't have a monkeys what a Paj Evo is.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:54 pm

"Pajero EVO - 3.5litre Mivec"

Being a big jeep fan, I think this is the best option for the lad Shane yet. Sweet looking, reliable, rare, great for Irish roads and you'll always sell a jeep quick if needed.

Actually, my ladyfriend was telling me about these EVO Pajeros recently and I didn't belive her that they existed..... she's a jeep fan too...
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby CJ » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:05 am

The new model Pajero Evo certainly stands out from the crowd:

CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby adrian » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:51 am

Wonder what the VRT would be on a 95 or 96 NSX from the UK?!
Or, why not consider an older 944, or even 911 from there? Or a Galant V6?? Would a Lotus Esprit be outta the question?

A 1997 Jaguar XK starts at about 14K over there...love them!

All just ideas for ya....
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Speedyboy » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:56 am

NSX's still make mad money in the jap auctions even for 91's, Id say it'd cost a lot landed here,

As the the Jeep wouldnt be my cup of tea big running costs for a car that woundt have a hope against an fto round mondello,

Did anyone see the roll over test of a range rover on Fifth gear scary stuff, The could do the test at any speed in a jag saloon and the range rover went straight over at 45mph from a swerve The centre of gravity is waaaayy to high on those things to be driven anyway fast

Galant VR4 would be a good choice, Love the front end of them, Nice tuneable power too from the turbo
Last edited by Speedyboy on Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby CJ » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:11 pm

Speedyboy wrote:Galant VR4 would be a good choice, Love the front end of them, Nice tuneable power two from the turbo

Agreed, they look composed and well planted as well as being a stealthy animal...

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:21 pm

The Paj EVO though has incredible presence - something the VR4 or B4 would not have in abundance. If you want something rare,fast and different then this is the way to go. OK so an FTO or Scooby or Type R will piss all over it on a track - but its handling is far far better than any 4x4 Jeep I have driven and a lot better than most cars - wider track, lower sports suspension and fatter tyres see to that.

There is one for sale on Autotrader.co.uk at the moment -

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/ca ... delexact=1

Not sure if this link will work - will give it a bash anyway.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Speedyboy » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:32 pm

I Couldnt pay those mad running costs for something that could be overtaken so easily. For me thats the pleaseure in having the FTO its rare that I meet a car that will go into a corner as hard as I will.

Im guessing you could run a GTR skyline or an EVO 6 for the same as one of them, The skyline has a fearsome reputation and will destroy pretty much anything your likely to meet in this country can be tuned as much as you can afford from what i read is reliable and you dont look like a farmer/builder/horsebox owner
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy

Return to Japanese Performance