Wanted: Lhs tail light cluster. Black wing mirror Lhs

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Wanted: Lhs tail light cluster. Black wing mirror Lhs

Postby iano128 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:24 am

Hi guys need a few little bits for my new fto. It’s a 1995 tiptronic. I would be grateful if someone has the surround for the radio as mine is cracked on the left side. I also need a black wing mirror for the left side, a complete would be best but without glass might work too. If someone has the right wing mirror as well I would take it as I think the motor in it is gone but not sure or pushed.

Also need the rear lhs tail light as mines chipped at the edges. And another thing my windows are rattling a lot I saw a thread about a piece that needs replacing to fix it so if someone has that it would be great.

Think that’s it for now. Actually an unscratched tiptronic plate that has the gears on it in black would be great, mines terrible.

Any recommendations guys for interior upgrades? Mine only has white dials that glow blue. Everything else is standard expect the radio which has a pop put screen which unfortunately covers the ac controls.
iano128
1st gear
1st gear

Re: Wanted: Lhs tail light cluster. Black wing mirror Lhs

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:40 am

You'll need to update your profile to include area. I have a few parts you might want/need. I have the stereo surround in perfect condition, which is a hard part to source. I have the wing mirrors, but not in black, so you might want to look else where. I have tail lights and they are tinted black. Put up some pics of your car.

Apex springs would be a good start for upgrades.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby iano128 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:26 am

These are of the car befor I bought it last month. The paint work is not looking the best atm. The radio surround would be great how much do they go for? Would be interest in the rear lights, do you have any pics? They ok to pass nct? Think I'll hold off for the wing mirrors saw them on ebay but was trying to avoid postage. Already ordered a few new bits for the car already. Thanks to the forum I found new bushes for the rear antiroll bar on camskill and the panels around the door handles inside. Ordering the new seat covers now from ebay but struggling with colour choice. Currently thinking black leatherette on the edges and white on centre panels with white piping. Going to get matching leather door cards too.

I also just order a hid kit as my headlights are pittyful and I drive home everynight for work so will be nice to have a clear view. A quick question about the wing mirrors. On mine they look blurry compared to my old nissan primera. Is there any thing that can be done about this?
iano128
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Chris_Heilong » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:06 pm

The Stereo surround can be anywhere in and around €40 to €70. Did you buy the car in Wicklow by any chance? looks familiar.
Last edited by Chris_Heilong on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:52 pm

€40 for a stereo surround would be quite a bargain alright. I would say add €20 and you're still doing well. I bought a spare from Sebastian for €50 and would let it go for €60 if needed, but it's actually a hard piece to source. The headlights I have wont pass the nct....they are too dark. I will check the shed to see if I have anything else, but again, they are not easy to find in good condition. Otto on here is breaking a gpx and he might have a good set for you. Search the for sale area and see gpx breaking.

What company on ebay are you buying from? I bought from autoleathers and had big problems from them. Here is the post => viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14012

They have emailed me twice to make an extra payment, but don't have the manners to call and speak with me. Now the boss is pretending to be the employee and is saying that he is "getting into trouble for this."

If you're getting spray work done, I left my car with a place in South Dublin for really low cost full respray. I am waiting for my car back. Full respray is €700-€900 depending on what else you need done (removing dents and rust etc). Your mirrors should not be blurry.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:58 pm

yeah Goz is right, I was typing that sentence and got distracted, you can see the sentence didnt make any sense the way it was written, I was meant to say "can be anywhere in and around €40 to €70" fixed now.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:14 pm

I would also get a momo steering wheel put on to that
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:26 pm

-take the mirror apart , it should be an easy fix ( there are some rotating plates that have a yoke that usualy brakes- superglue is your friend) if not a replacement can be got for 30-60 eur ( buy any colour and use your Black cover)

- stereo surround , worth 40 eur - 99 pounds( new) , easy brake , easy seller also :) . if you are not too pushed of how the thing looks , spend the cash on the mechanical side of the car .

-ebay is your friend for the tip plate , might be a good time to upgrade the gear shifter.

- tail light might pop up , some of the lads here might have a set, pm gerry , stoncy and mitsubishi-mental ..

- you need window guides to fix your ratteling a new set prefferably
http://camskill.co.uk/m3b0s600p3855/_MI ... 9_FTO%5Cs_

around 25 pounds plus delivery .
I might have a set , will have to dig

- interior upgrades ? get it sorted mechanicaly , get a couple of nice upgrades ( HID's , lowering springs , clear side repeaters maybe a facelift bumper) ? and then get the interior done

Seen this FTO a few timea around Sandyford/Stepaside , young fella driving . not a fan of those wheels :smt023
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:19 pm

otto has a facelift bumper for sale. i agree about the wing mirrors. i have the motor bits and mirror glass if needed, but try get all 2nd hand parts from one member where possible. We give good prices to club members.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby iano128 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:33 pm

Thanks for all the info lads will try to respond to most of it now. First off I bought it off a lovely girl in bray. I would be willing to pay 50euro for a nice clean surround for the stereo coz it really bugs me looking at the big crack next to my nice new radio. I just got a message from a guy on adverts about a set of taillights so I might be ok for them now. I did buy the seat covers off autoleathers and I did see your post about them goz_83. I figured mine needed them as driver side is ripped and didn't want to spend big money on them so going to chance using them and see what they're like. I'm a sucker for a good price and just couldn't bear not trying them myself first but I really do appreciate feed back from someone who's used them as at least I know what to expect.

I would love to respray it but it's not the right time yet as I haven't got that type of money and I not settled on sticking with the current bumper been looking a body kit from America:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160807735245?_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649&item=160807735245&cmd=ViewItem&sspagename=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&vxp=mtr

Was also looking at this kit but not sure about the bonnet they do sell the it without so it's a hard decision not to mention pricey:
http://www.rsbodykits.co.uk/product.php?productid=7510397&cat=1320&page=1

I don't really like the painted on reg in the second one but can't see a regular one looking or fitting much better.

Was thinking of ordering matching door cards as well, here's the link any one tried them?
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/280843736106?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I'm pretty happy with the steering and don't think I'll change it until I see one that catches my eye. I saw the window guides on camskill but the price seemed a lot for basically some rubber and when you add postage it seemed worse. Would like to hear the options for the side repeaters as even my mechanic said they stand out and ruin the lines of the car.

Sebastin if you saw it in the last month with young driving was probably me. The rims do let it down a bit. Not sure if I should get them restored or go new. I not a big fan of ott rims. I also don't like back rims on a black car so it's a hard thing to pick.

On the subject of the engine shes been well looked after as far as me and my mechanic mate could tell, only issue is the back is not as soft as the front but mechanic recons its either the antiroll bar bushes which I already order or maybe the shocks. Will see if the new bushes work first. The engine does have an induction kit fitted and to be honest I don't really want the car to be any faster if anything I would like improve the braking system as I don't think it has abs. Is it a hard thing to add on if it doesn't have abs?

The thing about the wing mirrors is that the left one's housing is badly cracked both front cover and back so a whole new one already painted black seems like the easiest solution. Also the right one doesn't move when I press the switch to fold them and the left one only folds up but won't fold down. If it's an expensive or difficult job to fix the folding problem I'll leave it for now as I don't really think its that needed, more for showing off. On the issue with mirrors being blurry there not exactly blurry but there not great either it's hard to explain all I can say is there difficult to see anything useful with. Anyone recommend different glass for them?

I think that's everything. If I forgot something just remind me and I'll do my best. Cheers for all the info guys, it's great having a bunch of people who know all the things I need to know.
iano128
1st gear
1st gear

Postby StewyD32 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Im sure im not the only one here in saying your about to buy the worst body kit ever. Veilside ruin the looks and lines of the FTO.

But if you are set in getting it, it might be work out cheaper taking it off a car here instead of getting one shipped over from the states. There is a guy i think in cavan who is selling a silver fto with a veilside kit on it for €900.
There is also this FTO http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3603661.

Plus you'll have the parts your looking for apart from the surround and make your money back if you strip it
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby iano128 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Nice catch there stewy. Never thought of stripping another fto just for the kit. Would it be difficult to shift with out the body kit? I don't really have the space to store it.
iano128
1st gear
1st gear

Postby StewyD32 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:22 pm

If I were you I'd strip it completely and won't bother reselling it. you get you parts you want and sell all the other parts to fund the respray. But that is easier said than done. You need space to store and strip it and some parts won't even sell.
if worst comes to worst you have the kit for the same price your get it online for with shipping a spare set of alloys and a few spare parts and an extra €100-€150 for the shell at the scrappy, but you will sell a few parts off it :)

I think over all you'd be better doing that.
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:51 pm

:whs

Please please please don't put that kit on the car. BUT...if you insist...stripping is the best option and cheapest for what you want. You can strip it in a few hours and some parts should sell quick enough. Plenty of the parts can be stored without taking up much space too. Lights and instrument stuff. Also...don't forget to keep the stepper motor. Search for it here if you want to know more. It's a handy part to keep.

As I bought the spare stereo surround for €50, it would be pointless selling it on for that price, as it's a part I can happily hold onto. I think most people would agree that I under cost any parts I have ever sold. It just seems pointless to have purchased the surround for €50, only to sell it on at that price. €60 sells it, collected. But if you're buying another fto...and if you're really lucky, you will have an undamaged stereo surround.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby iano128 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:02 am

Would really love to buy the other fto but just don't think I can get away with it. Only just got rid of my old car took a month and now finally the fto gets the drive way to itself like it deserves. If you change your mind about the surround let me know. What's so bad about the kit? I think it's far more appealing than the others I'll seen.

On another note my radio reception seems to go bad every now and again. I only noticed it recently when I realised there was no aerial like other people have above the rear wheels. I don't mean it's missing I mean there's no even place for it. Any ideas for to get better reception?
iano128
1st gear
1st gear

Postby StewyD32 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:06 am

Oh by the way I have to say I don't condon breaking a perfectly good FTO just for parts. However if it's black with stupid viper strips I'll let that one slide :mrgreen:

Conscience cleared :smt059
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby Bernard » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:24 am

iano128 wrote:What's so bad about the kit? I think it's far more appealing than the others I'll seen.

I'm with the lads, it's by far the worst kit available for the FTO It's too busy and ruins the otherwise smooth lines of the car.
That said, if you like it go for it.
The price quoted in your link is mad though and doesn't mention Veilside so I'd be inclined to watch out...
There were a few sites selling FTO kits but having just had a quick look they all seem to be gone now.

iano128 wrote:On another note my radio reception seems to go bad every now and again. I only noticed it recently when I realised there was no aerial like other people have above the rear wheels. I don't mean it's missing I mean there's no even place for it. Any ideas for to get better reception?

You have the optional aerial built into the rear window, a much nicer setup IMO.
Your reception problems could be a number of things, tinted rear window by any chance?

My advice regarding upgrades/mods would be to sort the mechanicals first, then have a look at a few member's cars and see what suits.
Don't rush into modification that you'll regret later.
Oh, and welcome to the club :smt006
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby goz_83 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:34 am

iano128 wrote: If you change your mind about the surround let me know.

Ask around for prices and come back to me. Bart in cork is selling one I think
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby iano128 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:39 am

My rear windows is tinted, what difference does that make?
iano128
1st gear
1st gear

Postby goz_83 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:54 am

Hampers signal. You can pick up a signal booster. Although my signal booster so far has made no difference. I'm going to run a feed somewhere else to get a signal.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby iano128 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 am

Would appreciate hearing anybody's solutions. I do like the rear windows tinted and would rather not remove it.
iano128
1st gear
1st gear

Postby StewyD32 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:27 am

iano128 wrote:Would appreciate hearing anybody's solutions. I do like the rear windows tinted and would rather not remove it.

Gary gave you a possible solution in his last post suggestion a signal booster.. I sure you can get in halfords if your stuck.
I wouldn't have thought the tint would have made a difference either.

Also would you consider a DC kit for your car. Best kit IMO.
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby goz_83 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:26 am

The 2nd part to that solution was running some wiring to other parts of the car, or extending the aerial from the rear window to other part to improve overall signal. It doesn't bother me much, because I love the sound of the engine so much.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby iano128 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Right I just picked up a set of tail lights and the window guides today so can cross them off my list of bits. Anyone got recommendations for a good signal booster? preferably not from halfords as I'm not a big fan of there stuff, quality tends to be poor at best.

Still looking for a set of black wing mirrors if someone has them.
iano128
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Sebastian » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:38 pm

iano128 wrote:Right I just picked up a set of tail lights and the window guides today so can cross them off my list of bits. Anyone got recommendations for a good signal booster? preferably not from halfords as I'm not a big fan of there stuff, quality tends to be poor at best.

Still looking for a set of black wing mirrors if someone has them.

give Stoncy a PM . I gave him some mirrors a while ago in a box
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Next

Return to For Sale