water filter systems

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

water filter systems

Postby gt94 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:34 pm

hi all
I am thinking about getting a complete system in my house to treat the water and i was just wondering has anyone had/have any info about these systems, either have it fitted or knows a bit on the whole process. I know its on the internet but i would love to get some info from the consumor side not the marketing/broker side.
gt94
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Re: water filter systems

Postby Bernard » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:03 pm

I just phoned a crowd called perfect water systems today to get my (own well) water tested.
The test costs €120 and there's a 75% grant available against any system you decide to get depending on your conditions but I won't know any more for a while yet.

My dad got his water treated/softened a few years back and it made a huge improvement.
I use snow foam to wash the car and my water is so hard it just won't work, if I use my dads water it's like shaving foam.
I'm hoping for a similar improvement.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby gt94 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:19 pm

Thanks for the reply Bernard, i have to get both water tanks in the attic removed before i even start to get the system installed the lime is so bad the tanks have stalagmites and stalactites also the copper tank needs to go :(
A complete house system from EW technologies is E700 and E120 a year to service which includes filters so fingers crossed hope to have it in by the first week in april.
gt94

Postby Bernard » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:37 pm

Loads of lime here too, clogged shower and scale in the kettle. I've no idea how the pipes are.
From what I've read, when you get the filters installed the pipes will gradually clear themselves over time.

They're taking a sample on Monday or Tuesday so fingers crossed.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby gt94 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:37 am

best of look, someone said you can get the pipes flushed with a salt solution to help clear them before the install not to sure if its true.
gt94

Return to Off Topic