Friend in need..

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

Friend in need..

Postby Muad_dib77 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:29 am

I have a friend who's in a bit of a pickle - It's a long shot but I tohught I'd ask here..

He drives a 04 Scenic..(God help him..)..and has been told that his gear box needs a refurb.

to the tune of 700e

Does anybody here know

01. Somebody who can and will do that cheaper?
02. Somebody who has a Manual box for one of these yokes sitting about
03. ..of a breaker around Dublin 15 who has a compatible vehicle sitting about I can send Si out to have a look at...

The guy is only just after having a load of other maintenance work done on the bleeding thing and with three wee-uns in tow walking away from the thing sadly isn't an option.

I know it's a bit of an odd request - but I figured on the off chance that someone here might think of something it'd be worth asking...:-)
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Re: Friend in need..

Postby colm_mcm » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:46 am

Try naas gearbox centre for refurb. Thats where a lot of garages send stuff anyway

Alternatively, partfinder.ie for a used one, but it may not be much better than the one coming out, so probably recon is the best bet.
colm_mcm

Re: Friend in need..

Postby Muad_dib77 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:59 am

Sound - thanks...

Yeah - I agree with the rebuilding vs. replacing alrogether..if it's the case that the unit cant be tested before hand.. atleast with a rebuild you know that it's going to be alright..

I had hoped though that I'd be able to save my friend a good few bob and get him a shiny box...looking around tho they're not exactly cheap - and the ones I've found this far are non-refurbs..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Return to Other Cars