Christmas meet / Rolling road day

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Re: Christmas meet / Rolling road day

Postby Chris_Heilong » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:49 pm

I was up with Paul Nolan with my other car, there was a black FTO there, looked like Ottos but I didnt get too long to look at it. I asked him about the Dyno and he said it would cause no problems what so ever with FTO engines(If that Helps Laura).
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby goz_83 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:51 pm

My front drivers side shock needs replacing due to a leak. Will this be OK for the RR? I have new set ordered from camskill, but they probably won't arrive on time. They will be fitted by Atlas when they arrive, but it's cutting it close. Job is already paid for.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:18 pm

goz_83 wrote:My front drivers side shock needs replacing due to a leak. Will this be OK for the RR? I have new set ordered from camskill, but they probably won't arrive on time. They will be fitted by Atlas when they arrive, but it's cutting it close. Job is already paid for.

almost all the stuff I order from Camskill arrives a day later by courier, good luck
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong

Postby Mitsinut » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:13 pm

I'll go for the meet up but not interested in the Dyno. I still have coil problem and even if I hadn't, I probably wouldn't do it anyway.
If the guys in the NCT revved your car like whats going to happen here you'd be fairly upset :k . Equally, I'd hate to have a
piece of paper that says the car is throwing out less bhp than a GS.... :cry:
Mitsinut
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Kace » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:15 pm

goz_83 wrote:My front drivers side shock needs replacing due to a leak. Will this be OK for the RR? I have new set ordered from camskill, but they probably won't arrive on time. They will be fitted by Atlas when they arrive, but it's cutting it close. Job is already paid for.

I couldn't imagine how this would cause a problem. The RR shouldn't be putting shocks and springs through and hardship whatsoever during the run.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:27 am

Mitsinut wrote:I probably wouldn't do it anyway.
If the guys in the NCT revved your car like whats going to happen here you'd be fairly upset :k .

Chalk and cheese

A. An engineer with years of experience who's running his own business with an excellent reputation brings the car up the rev counter while a giant fan supplies it with loads of air.

B. An eejit working for the NCTS jumps into a car he knows nothing about and floors it.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mitsinut » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:12 am

Bernard wrote:
Mitsinut wrote:I probably wouldn't do it anyway.
If the guys in the NCT revved your car like whats going to happen here you'd be fairly upset :k .

Chalk and cheese

A. An engineer with years of experience who's running his own business with an excellent reputation brings the car up the rev counter while a giant fan supplies it with loads of air.

B. An eejit working for the NCTS jumps into a car he knows nothing about and floors it.

Ok, ok, I'm sorry for drawing the comparison with the NCT, I'm sure this guy's very professional, but it won't change my position on testing as I have had too many bad experiences without actually drawing it upon myself.

Sure anyway, we could convoy up from Limerick, and I'll see if I'll be able to keep up with you, and then get a photocopy of your results, it shouldn't be that far off!!!! :lol:
Mitsinut
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Chris_Heilong » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:59 am

Mitsinut wrote:Ok, ok, I'm sorry for drawing the comparison with the NCT, I'm sure this guy's very professional, but it won't change my position on testing as I have had too many bad experiences without actually drawing it upon myself.

Sure anyway, we could convoy up from Limerick, and I'll see if I'll be able to keep up with you, and then get a photocopy of your results, it shouldn't be that far off!!!! :lol:

Are you sure you dont actually has a GS and are in denial? :lol:
Chris_Heilong

Postby Mitsinut » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:14 pm

DeNile is a river in Egypt :D
Mitsinut
Octane king
Octane king

Postby goz_83 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:23 pm

I can't believe it. My shocks arrived a few minutes ago. That was fast. Come to think of it, camskill usually are fast as Chris said above, but I usually order late in the evening, so delivery is normally a couple of days. Bringing her down to get her new knees installed at noon.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:38 pm

goz_83 wrote:I can't believe it. My shocks arrived a few minutes ago. That was fast. Come to think of it, camskill usually are fast as Chris said above, but I usually order late in the evening, so delivery is normally a couple of days. Bringing her down to get her new knees installed at noon.

Good stuff gary, a little off topic but do you where and how much it would cost to detail an Engine bay? as in clean and paint?
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:52 pm

That depends on what you want done exactly Chris.

Are we talking coolant hoses, water jet hoses, air hoses, mivec cover painted, induction kit, caps painted/covered, strut bar, decals, slam panel etc etc etc. Some is easily done by yourself, but there are bits I would have done professionally. For everything i've had done, I would throw a figure of €500 out there but I'm sure it was a bit more than that. One job at a time though.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:48 pm

Sorry guys , I have to pull out, was looking forward to this but unfortunately I cannot make it .
Have fun and post up the results !
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Chris_Heilong » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:04 am

Sebastian wrote:Sorry guys , I have to pull out, was looking forward to this but unfortunately I cannot make it .
Have fun and post up the results !

:cry:
Chris_Heilong

Postby Bernard » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:13 am

List updated.

1. Bernard (+1) - FTO GPX Manual
2. Chris - FTO GX tip
3. Goz (+?) GPX Manual
4. Kace (+ young lad) - Quattro

It's looking fairly dire so far...

Anyone else fancy a day out?
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris_Heilong » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:52 am

Dont know if this will help, but here is where it is located
http://goo.gl/maps/1J2r6

it says it is only 42 minutes from my house, which is good.
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:10 pm

That's a pretty poor list so far. Is it a cancelled meet without more metal? If so, I still think the RR is a good idea for a future meet. Keep us posted.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:11 pm

well I don't mind if it is a mini meet, its up to bernard. I did swop the day off work and spent a good few hours cleaning the car, so in that way I am up for it, and we have 5 cars including mitsinut so if anyone wants to meet up somewhere different thats fine also. Let us know.
Chris_Heilong

Postby Bernard » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:21 pm

They've asked for a list of attendees, I'll send that in the morning.
I can't see there being a problem with the number of cars as there's no price difference for a rolling road day (per member) and a single appointment.
I'll let ye know as soon as I do.

I'm still hoping for one or two more though....
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mitsinut » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:10 pm

Chris_Heilong wrote:Dont know if this will help, but here is where it is located

Hmm!! says 3 hrs and 44 mins for me......... not so good.
Mitsinut
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Chris_Heilong » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Mitsinut wrote:
Chris_Heilong wrote:Dont know if this will help, but here is where it is located

Hmm!! says 3 hrs and 44 mins for me......... not so good.

Sure but its a day out, we will have stuff on the west coast in the future I am sure and I will be there. Maybe a Cork meet next year.
Chris_Heilong

Postby Kace » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:41 pm

So guys - can we have some confirmations here today from attendees. Let us know that you're coming, what time you are expecting to arrive and any other pertinent information.

For me it's yes. I won't be able to leave Dublin until about 11.45 so should be there by 12.30 or so. Hope this is OK with others and that you will be still around.

Given that there are so few of us, surely it would be better for folks to aim for a 11am kickoff - would others agree ?
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:10 pm

sure. Sounds good. I will be there
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:35 pm

11 would be good, more time to wake up.
Chris_Heilong

Postby Mitsinut » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:00 pm

I'll be there, may be closer to 12 though...
Mitsinut
Octane king
Octane king

PreviousNext

Return to Irish FTO meets