Rear Number Plates

Discuss issues related to the NCT \ MOT

Moderator: Moderators

Rear Number Plates

Postby Kace » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:29 am

I was told that cars that do not have the words "Baile Atha Cliath" on the rear number plate are now failing the NCT. We called up and sure enough, this was the line from NCT Customer Care.

Has anyone here passed recently and if so do you have the magic words ?

I have been looking at Japanese registered cars over the past couple of days and have not yet seen one where there is enough room on the plate for "Baile Atha Cliath" so obviously they are hard to get.

I am toying with the idea of getting the words from an old existing plate and fixing them above my current plate in order to pass.

Anyone ?
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Rear Number Plates

Postby soc » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:12 pm

Kace wrote:I was told that cars that do not have the words "Baile Atha Cliath" on the rear number plate are now failing the NCT. We called up and sure enough, this was the line from NCT Customer Care.

Has anyone here passed recently and if so do you have the magic words ?

I have been looking at Japanese registered cars over the past couple of days and have not yet seen one where there is enough room on the plate for "Baile Atha Cliath" so obviously they are hard to get.

I am toying with the idea of getting the words from an old existing plate and fixing them above my current plate in order to pass.

Anyone ?

I'd just get a 2nd set of plates with the correct dimensions and wording from Fancy Plates specific for the NCT. That's what I'd have to do cause I have a small front plate.

Not that expensive - €30 all in.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:59 pm

Same here, I've a set of www.fto-ireland.com plates and a set of BAC plates. Theres plenty of room on the plates for the county, my local factors can make the county part as big or small as is needed, he uses Corel Draw as far as I can see, I'm sure its a common enough in the trade.

If its just a bit of sticky plastic, why not?

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kace » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:15 pm

Do your plates actually say Baile Atha Cliath on the rear plate though ? Any Jap plates I have seen recently do not ?
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Eamon » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:09 am

Kace,

The set I got made up from www.fancyplates.com does have the "Baile Atha Cliath" on both front and rear plates. Just make sure that they realise the plates are for a ROI car.

E.
Eamon
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby CJ » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:27 pm

Kace wrote:Do your plates actually say Baile Atha Cliath on the rear plate though

Yep!
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to NCT \ MOT