Passenger 1 touch window switch. How?

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Passenger 1 touch window switch. How?

Postby goz_83 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:14 am

I'd love to have the ability to have the passenger window open by one touch, as it does in the drivers side. So, before I go chasing wires, does anyone know what I need to do? I'm hoping it's just a case of getting a drivers side switch and putting into the passenger switch slot on the drivers door. This is me assuming that there is some sort of lock position switch in these units. I'm not really bothered about the passenger door having the same control function, but I want to be able to one touch the passenger window open and close from the drivers side.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Passenger 1 touch window switch. How?

Postby technikhaus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:57 am

I'm not too sure of how you can do it that way, I installed a Viper 530T window roller in my FTO, it allows the windows to open and close with the alarm, but also adds one-touch to the passenger window :)
1996 FTO GPX Manual in White with sunroof :D
technikhaus
Octane king
Octane king

Postby goz_83 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:01 am

Interesting. Will keep in mind
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby the real technikhaus » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm assuming it's just some sort of relay setup... Best idea would be to grab the wiring and relays from another car's drivers side and swap them with the passenger side. That would be my guess. I'd like to know, if anyone has more knowledge, how it works. It annoys me having to hold up one switch :P
the real technikhaus
Unleaded
Unleaded

Return to FTO Technical