Garden hedges

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Garden hedges

Postby CJ » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm

I want to plant hedging in the front garden as a boundary between myself and the neighbours, any of the garden centres I've visited, don't seem to have the right type of hedge (privet?), anyone know of a nursery or garden centre in the Dublin area that sells hedging?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby IrishPhoenix » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:32 am

There's a big garden centre as you head up the navn road towards Dunshaughlin. It's the first turn right before the turn for Ratoath (Fairyhouse Road). I'll have to ask my ma for you though CJ! lol ;)
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'.
- Tommy Cooper
IrishPhoenix
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby CJ » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:04 am

IrishPhoenix wrote:I'll have to ask my ma for you though CJ! lol ;)

Thanks IP, while you're at it, you might ask her about plant choice for a herbaceous border :smt016

The place off the Navan Road (Gardenworks) is waay overpriced for what you get. The best bet might be to suss out some nurseries outside Dublin, I know there are a few in Meath and around Lusk, these guys normally supply the garden centres in bulk so I would expect them to be a whole lot cheaper...

/CJ goes to check out out goldenpages.ie

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby IrishPhoenix » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:18 am

Just speaking with a landscaper friend of mine. He said Vincent byrnes on palmerstown to lucan road is cheap and good for stuff and also a place on finglas/ashbourne road. He said it is cheaper to put up a wooden fence and put creeping vines thru it as plants are expensive. privet is the right one to use though. fences are about 20 euro each.
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'.
- Tommy Cooper
IrishPhoenix
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby CJ » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:51 am

IrishPhoenix wrote:He said it is cheaper to put up a wooden fence and put creeping vines thru it as plants are expensive. privet is the right one to use though. fences are about 20 euro each.

Good point, thing is that fences wouldn't really suit the front garden all that much. Thanks for the info on the other places, I'll check 'em out.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Off Topic