So close to buying a....

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

So close to buying a....

Postby adrian » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:07 pm

Hilux! Don't laugh. My wifes car is up for sale as we want something a bit bigger and it's time to change it anyway. I am this close to buying the Hilux 3.0 D4D from Thailand as per attached images. Can buy it as a commercial through the company and have it on the road here with the extras as per the images for 31,000 euro EX vat. I love it.... but do you?? You know me... I am like Shane (soc).... decisions decisions and need loads of help!

adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby ronbyrne » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:08 am

looks good, but unless these things have 4 litre or more + v8 petrol engine they are the most boring thing on earth to drive, youl be looking out for things to drive over just to justify owning one,then it will get dirty and look crap, DONT do it. thats just my 2c,
ronbyrne

Postby kevinod » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:17 am

Hmmm :? I've been in the US a few times lately with work, and keep noticing all the big 'trucks' around, ya know the open back yokes. Practically none of them ever had any stuff in the back, so it made very little sense to me. I think originally they were a lot cheaper than cars but now they're more expensive. Those and the huge SUVs you only ever see 1 or 2 people in. :roll:

Everyone to their own though, you've been talking about these a while, maybe you need to do it and get it out of your system, but for 31k ex vat you can get some seriously nice cars... maybe compare the Hilux with what else you can get for the same money. You might be surprised and find something a lot tastier!
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:38 am

Hmm - I can see why you'd be tempted - I was in Aus for a month recently and they have a huge percentage of these "UTEs" flying around.

Better options IMHO though for 30-35K would be a secondhand BMW X5 or Lexus RX300.

Course if it was me - 18K would get you a clean low mileage 98/99 Manual Pajero Evo and I'd use money saved to pay for running costs.

Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:59 am

I think it looks kinda cool although SUV's are not really my thing, the only one I'd consider would be the range rover sport. 8)

If I won the lotto my garage would have a black posche 911 turbo, a black range rover sport supercharged & a slate grey mini cooper s (for the boss).
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:34 am

soc wrote:If I won the lotto my garage would have a black posche 911 turbo, a black range rover sport supercharged & a slate grey mini cooper s (for the boss).

Alongside your FTO of course... right? :wink:

mini cooper s (for the boss)

For the boss... I believe you, millions wouldn't :P
kevinod

Postby soc » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:40 pm

kevinod wrote:
soc wrote:If I won the lotto my garage would have a black posche 911 turbo, a black range rover sport supercharged & a slate grey mini cooper s (for the boss).

Alongside your FTO of course... right? :wink:

Of course - I'd have a late model vR on which I'd have everything I've always wished for on an FTO :twisted:

mini cooper s (for the boss)

For the boss... I believe you, millions wouldn't :P

I don't know what you mean.... :shock: :wink:
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:41 pm

Better options IMHO though for 30-35K would be a secondhand BMW X5 or Lexus RX300.

You're missing the point on the commercial thing...I can get that on the road through my company....31k or so with gross money, not net. It qualifies as a commercial ya see.

TO spend 31 K on a used X5 I would need to earn 62k as they dont qualify as a commercial...obviously!! Reckon I am gonna go for it.
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:52 pm

adrian wrote:

You're missing the point on the commercial thing....

Ahh - OK then! Makes more sense - though you could bring a PAJ Evo in as a commercial for 14K. Just take rear seats out and voila!
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:53 pm

Ahh - OK then! Makes more sense - though you could bring a PAJ Evo in as a commercial for 14K. Just take rear seats out and voila!

But then you'd have to keep them out. You would be pretty screwed if you wree caught with a commercial with rear seats...in an accident for example.
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby adrian » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:44 pm

Well lads and gals..... for or against, I just put a 30% deposit on the following vehicle. Got loads of extras and getting it on 25th April (estimated delivery to Dublin).

Excited and nervous at the same time!

adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby kevinod » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:45 pm

Congrats! Best of luck with it and the import process!
kevinod

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:04 pm

Well wear!

Does look like an imposing beast - hope you put it to some use now and it gets to climb over more than just kerbs. :lol:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:35 am

cheers lads :wink:
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby mick_dont_surf » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:04 pm

i wouldnt like to be hit by it in the fto
wouldnt be much left :shock:
mick_dont_surf