exact bulbs used to light the dash?

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

exact bulbs used to light the dash?

Postby Chris_Heilong » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:59 pm

does anyone know the exact bulbs used to light the dash? are they just the normal Bayonette bulbs? need to replace a few. one for the full beams symbol and one for 1st gear as the light doesn't come on in first.

Thanks
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Re: exact bulbs used to light the dash?

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:31 pm

I don't actally know, but you will be able to find out after 5 minutes. The dash comes out very easily.

2 crosshead screws in the top trim surrounding the perspex and a tug will remove the trim. The fog light switch will be connected, so just didconnect that and manouvre the trim out over the steering wheel, which you've previously lowered for access. I think there are 2 screws holding the perspex in and another 2 holding the cluster to the dash, but it'll be easier taking all 4 out and disconnect the cluster. It's a fixed connect, kinda like an ipod dock, so just pull directly out and you will have easy access to check the clocks and see what bulbs you need. Hope that helps Chris.

I can't for the life of me, recall what bulbs the cluster takes and i've taken one apart before!

After browsing a couple of sites, I think I found what you need :)
http://jdmingfto.blogspot.ie/2012/06/cy ... ights.html
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanks Gary
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:50 pm

Chris_Heilong wrote:Thanks Gary

No problem
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:55 am

How's that cluster looking?
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:06 am

yeah all fixed, it was actually as easy as you said, easiest job so far, popped out one of the bulbs and headed over to halfords.
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:15 am

Good stuff.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical